Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

THE WHAT

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's supposedly one of the Reasons Mulgrew wouldn't let Chuckles and Katie hook up.

Sad.

Now her once vagina is haunted.

3. teacake

I have never heard this in my life.

4. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

(re: VERY alleged KM/RB affair) - Supposedly RB alluded to such a thing at a convention he appeared in, but I gather the whole idea is mostly speculation.

5. Guy Gardener

That's what you said last time we told you.

You're blotting shit out.

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Ooooo I've never, ever heard that rumor... and yes I can't wait until she publishes her book (or books?)

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Don't forget "99" back on the original Get Smart.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry, his 15 minutes of fame(as opposed to his seven seasons of shame) lost us Kes instead of him. He was originally supposed to die from the 8472 tentacle virus but had this great pr article published between parts 1 and 2 of Scorpion.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

It is funny that, on WH13, Kate ended up playing Jeri's mother-in-law!

And I still want to see them both appear in the same episode!

10. Guy Gardener

No artefacts, dump the formula, couldn't we just have an episode where they string together a few drunken (Pete at his worst) Thanksgivings, weddings and Christmasses where his family is at war.

11. Captain Kathryn

Is that a joke or truth? :lol:
    Were they really going to let Garrett Wang go???
    I'm still a little behind on the goings-ons of the cast back then (I was a kid!). :D

I'm one of the few that likes Harry. I'm not saying he had any kind of fantastic character arc going on or anything cause he didn't. Just a nice guy. I don't see any real reason to remove him necessarily. His character doesn't make for too much thrilling storytelling, but I'll blame that on the writers. :P

That said...NOT too thrilled about Harry wearing those tight leather pants. Uh uh... :ack: Not saying he isn't good looking. He is definitely good looking! But TIGHT LEATHER PANTS? No.......

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Or this guy...

[​IMG]

13. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Hasn't this being commented on for many years now? And while actor's egos clashing is stressful and ugly, I think people are going over the top and we're better off not rubbing old sore spots (even if Jeri liked her role otherwise and Mulgrew was hopefully professional enough 90% of the other time). And Carey Fisher dated George Lucas, Patrick Stewart dated another writer/producer on TNG, and David Tennant has married a NuWho guest star, so the Braga fling is not abnormal.

I enjoyed James Woods and even the rest of Shark (and still angry at its sudden cancellation) but had a gut feeling Woods was being difficult (hence the aforementioned cancellation and his silly roles in more recent years).

I have to hear this podcast properly all the way through (it's interesting hearing about Jeri's father having a WWII tragedy, which compelled him to move to the States).

And Jeri blurted out "fuck winter!". :guffaw:

14. Guy Gardener

The problem is that women don't like being pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. They want to be princesses, until someone explains the chains attached to that particular fantasy... You stay at home waiting while the prince slays dragons, and you don't even get to do the house work, just sit there looking pretty until someone put's a baby in you to difuse a tense poolitical situation.

Can you imagine an American President selling off one or more of his daughters to exact peace in the Middle East?

Captain Kathryn this is Voyager 101. Ratings weren't good enough, Braga said boy borg, network said Girl Borg and fire someone. Kim got saved after they wrote him out, which is why Jennifer took a couple episodes to exit.

After that Kate's reaction is your basic girl logic mirror mirror fetish. If you bring in some one younger and prettier than me, then you don't think that I'm young and pretty, and somebody had to pay just short of Kate eating Jeri's heart or handing out poisoned apples.

How many of your husbands have remarried kathryn?

Don't you depise these women proportionately to how well their boobs defy gravity?

15. Captain Kathryn

Was this to me??? I don't have any husbands! And I don't despise anyone except for my boss. I hate the spotlight. I like being alone.

And I already stated a while back I think that Kate Mulgrew being "upstaged" (even if it was just paranoia) was probably a main issue between them. Then again, I don't know either one of them personally.

I just didn't think Garrett Wang was THAT bad that they should have considered firing him.

16. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Reminds me of Decker's umbilical hernia from TMP.

--Sran

17. teacake

This would be great! And maybe we could get a good Jeri vs Mulgrew food fight over the top of the yams.

18. teacake

I also like Harry, though this doesn't stop me from mocking him. I think he's quite cute as well, I would have loved it if they had slashed up VOY with Tom and Harry as The Chute seemed to promise early on. But that was really the only slashy ep with those two, at least for me. I suppose if I wasn't so meh about Paris I would have invented some other great moments :lol:

And I liked Harry far more than Kes who was one of my least favorite Trek characters for years (by about the 5th rewatch I suddenly got okay with her) so I'm not crying over how People changed canon forever.

19. Guy Gardener

I invented a make believe world where you had 7 exhusbands.

Sorry.

Wang was unprepared and late often. It effected production.

Even then they had a finite amount of money. If they were going to introduce Seven of Nine, someone else had to go.

A year earlier they got rid of Martha and the lad who played Cullah, or/and the budgeting place holder for recurring guest stars was shifted into the special effects budget because Berman thought that more explosions is what the audience really wanted.

20. Captain Kathryn

I prefer Harry over Kes as well. Especially those nice awkward scenes we got between Seven and Harry later on hehe. :D