Just watched Clara's first scene (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

"Everyone?" So far, exactly one person in this thread has found it upsetting.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And they were probably drunk. ;)

3. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair, somebody at Gallifreybase made a similar comment. I suppose they could be the same person, but, if not, that's a least two we know of. But, yeahm, c'mon let's be real here. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Nope, she was fully converted by the time he got there. He just heard her say her name.

5. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Why do I think Oswin getting hit with a memory wipe when she leaves the Doc is going to loop back around to set her up for Asylum of the Daleks?

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I doubt the Doctor's interest in memory wipes here will continue to be a part of his character. I think, as I said, it's meant to show that he's gone to a darker place, a place that Clara will help bring him out of.

And this isn't Oswin Oswald, it's Clara Oswin. We don't yet know how the two characters are connected.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well beyond being the same hot girl? LOL

Although I didn't realize her last name is Oswin - they must be setting something up, honestly Moffat's who isn't that subtle, so either Clara gets left sometime in the past and forgets who she is, someone named Oswald is in the room and she's told "Her name's Oswin, Oswald." "Yes that's it, my name is Oswin Oswald."