Carter better choice than Rush

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by T'Girl, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Best Brain On Destiny

1. Samantha Carter

27.1%
  2. Nicholas Rush

72.9%
  1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

If Samantha Carter was the head scientist on the Destiny instead of Nicholas Rush, by this point in the series don't you feel that the team would possess more control over the ancient ship? Helm/navigation, access to records, command of the FTL, can you really believe it would of taken Sam Carter nine episodes to have these figured out? During Air, Rush was a little bitch, Carter would of been the late girl standing.

And forget Chloe, With Carter and Scott, Amanda Tapping would have brought some serious cougar action to the show. Think of the ratings then.

2. Xerxus

Xerxus Commander Red Shirt

Carter spent 50+ years in Unending, unable to solve their shield problem. She didn't even think of dismantling the section of the ship that the Ori beam was going to hit.

Carter may be good, but I think people are overstating her abilities. She only works as well as the writer wants.

3. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

Although I don't think Carter would fit the mood of SG-U I do think that she'd outshine Rush is a pinch. So, I voted for Carter.

4. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Please no more Sam Carter. Once a promising and engaging character and a firm favourite of mine, now a tired Mary Sue. An expert in everything, ever except he 5 or 6 thing Daniel was expert in. I'd rather have a realistic scientist/intellectual character who actually has limitations, and a field of expertise.

5. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That whole episode was a pathetic waste of time, I wouldn't read too much into that garbage.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vote Rush purely on the mention of a Carter/Scott pairing. Simply a terrible idea, which is more to do with how much I dislike Scott in what I've seen of the show so far.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Carter always struck me as kinda bland, so no. I'd rather have Rush, all neurotic and weird. At least he's interesting to watch.

8. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

For a few seconds I didn't see this thread was in the Stargate forum, and I thought you were asking who would be better President, Jimmy Carter or Rush Limbaught! That was a scary thought... :eek:

:lol:

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

McKay would have it fixed in one episode

10. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Carter is the wrong girl for the show

First there was something unique about Sam Carter because back in the SG1 days she had to fight and fly amongst a group of tough men, she was a great fighter and had a huge egghead. The portrayal of the military was more positive and upbeat in SG1. She had a superhead, had such a big brain she started becoming deus ex machina like Geordi or O'Brien. Young heard it himself when Jack O'Neill said she saved his butt with all kinds of wacky science every second episode. If you jam Carter into a show like this it won't work, they tried stunt casting with Atlantis and it went flat. Also she would not suit the tone of the show, the leaders are nervous and out of their depth, the tough guys are mentally breaking down or going psycotic, and their is something very basic and grim about the tone and about their situation. Also there are lots of girls on the show, if you throw her in for the sex appeal factor she is gonna be a fifth wheel.

I like what they had done with Rush so far, no need to change him

11. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the Carter character to bits, and still do, but she would be a bad fit on SG:U. Rush is perfect.

Sean

12. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

She was never a great character and I never understood the praise she got.

Amanda Tapping is even worse in her new show with the fake British accent.

13. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I love Rush. No way would I want Carter instead. She was boring.

14. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Amanda Tapping was born in Britain so I don't think her accent as a fake as you think.

15. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the point is not to figure out the Ancient tech so easily. I liked Carter on SG-1, but I thought she was a poor fit even for SG:A and would really not work on SGU. Universe has a different feel and tone and the shifty Rush works better on it. You're not supposed to trust him necessarily, but how could the characters and the audience not trust Carter? She's too squeaky clean. Plus, there would be no rivalry/conflict with Eli, and perhaps no bad blood with Col. Young, unless it was shifted solely to them, keeping Carter clean. I like the two-way street relationships we have with Rush and everyone else.

16. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Indeed, she's an Essex gal.

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

It is funny when people complain about fake British accents. I don't know about Amanda Tapping, but I remember in the early days of ENT, there were a few hardcore posters insisting that Dominic Keating was American, and his accent was completely fake and fake sounding.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since this show is supposed to be about "the wrong people for the job" we're stuck with that shifty weasel Dr. Rush. Had Carter or McKay been on the ship instead, they'd already be back home.

Really, why aren't they using the stones to pitch in?

I remember one rant calling Dominic Keating an "ignorant American" for thinking everyone in England spoke in "the Queen's English." Even though Keating is from England himself, and he used his natural accent for Malcolm Reed.

19. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who they really need is the Doctor.

20. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

We know Sam. We TRUST Sam. We know exactly where her loyalties lie.

Rush... not so much. Therefor, we can have drama with Rush.