X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're both supposed to be able to use them without any problems, so I don't see why this has to become a messy situation...unless Fox is just being their douchey self.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Pretty funny how each director announced their Quicksilver news

:lol:

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think this is the most interesting part of the article

Is FOX doing this just to spite Disney?

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I doubt it's first-come-first-serve. It's far more likely that it's just overlapping rights.

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Feige already said that both Marvel Studios and FOX can use the characters, so I'm not seeing what the issue/dispute here is.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The problem isn't that FOX is using Quicksilver.

The problem is that they are giving him a pointless action scene role, right after Joss announced he was planning to use Quicksilver as a prominent character in Avengers 2. Also Fox shoehorns in as many X-characters in as they can whether they have personalities or not. This has become a major problem for the films. It feels like FOX is only doing it to spite Disney, giving QS a pointless role and leaving Joss to pick up the pieces.

7. DigificWriter

^ Still not seeing the issue here, as, again, both studios can legally use the characters; it doesn't matter in what capacity they're used by one studio as opposed to the other; the only restriction is that Marvel can't refer to them as mutants or mention their connection to Magneto, which isn't that big of a deal anyway.

8. Admiral_Young

^^ "A pointless action scene role"? What? We don't even know how Singer is going to use him in the film. Also this is Singer so he's not just going to be using Pietro just because. This isn't the same Fox reigme as it was before since Tom Rothman departed.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

There is also a fear that with Singer using QS now, Joss might be pressured to drop the character by Disney to avoid confusion in Avengers 2. If this results in no Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2, I will be very disappointed.

10. DigificWriter

^ Once again, I'm not seeing the issue. Feige said both studios can use the characters; he put no caveats on that use beyond the one I already mentioned with regards to the word mutant and the characters' connection to Magneto.

11. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think Dream is making this into a bigger deal than it actually is. They both can use the characters and will most likely use them differently. Singer will use the twins the way he wants to, and so will Joss. I don't see the problem.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Let's not talk about X3.

But in X2, Lady Deathstrike was completely wasted, with her entire history never being mentioned, and she was only there for a fight scene.

With the huge cast of characters already involved in DOFP, I have my doubts Quicksilver we get any development at all in this movie.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

14. Admiral_Young

15. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems to be popular here on the board to refer to Whedon by his first name, and offhand I can't think of anyone else we do that for. I get that "Joss" is a fun name to type and say, but I don't really see why he gets the first-name treatment and someone like Singer doesn't. Granted, Whedon's probably the most fan-friendly public figure we talk about, but still. Strikes me as kinda odd is all.

16. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

^ Well, if you referred to Singer as "Bryan", people might be confused as to who you're talking about. Bryan Fuller? Bryan K. Vaughan? Bryan Cranston? Bryan Adams?

On the other hand, I can't think of another famous "Joss".

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't think of another famous "Whedon", either, and most people default to surnames as a matter of course. Though you do have a point; the same could be said for Barack.

Given the context of the thread, however, I don't think anyone would be confused by a reference to a "Bryan". And it's Brian K. Vaughan. ;)

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Joss "Diplomatic Immunity" Ackland is the only one I can come up with.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. Same for Nolan. If we were using Chris or Christopher whats to stop someone from going, "wait, boardmember Christopher is involved in 'x' now".
    Cameron....James, James Mangold, James Woods, James Marsden, James Franco etc.

Now while Whedon is equally unique a last name as the others Joss is just that much more unique. Plus it rhymes with Boss!

20. Admiral_Young

There's also Joss Stone. Probably the other "famous" Joss.

Chris Nolan is The Nolan ;)