Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's an LMD. We also have to consider what origin they might use for Vision and starting off with an LMD might be a good way to establish some background.

It's disappointing that we don't see any really recognisable names in the concept. Arrow is enjoyable partly because it is teasing fans with known characters. I don't expect Hollywood actors to guest but I'd be happy if they were to cast other actors in some of the more recognisable roles. It might be nice if the characters develop their own gimmicks and minor super powers as part of the SHIELD Super Agents program. Bring on Demolition Dunphy I say! I was also a fan of the concept behind the Vamp - a minor telepath whose energy belt let her duplicate a psychic template of her opponent so that she could instinctively use their own skills against them. Loads of fun to be had there.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had familiar characters as guest characters every so often. It would be kind of a waste to set a show in as expansive as universe as the Marvel (Cinematic) Universe, and not take full advantage of it.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I heard Mackey got hit by some cosmic rays. Things haven't been the same for him since.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Joss Whedon talks S.H.I.E.L.D.

A few tidbits...

5. Turtletrekker

Possible spoilage...

In the pilot, it’s revealed Nick Fury, the ultimate super spy, faked Agent Coulson’s death on purpose to motivate The Avengers. Some S.H.I.E.L.D. members were in on it (including, possibly, Maria Hill) but The Avengers were not. Their security clearance wasn’t high enough. Coulson was forced to hold his breath as part of the ruse and that’s a point of contention among his colleagues After the fact, Fury moved him to a remote location until things died down, and then he was reinserted into duty at the time of the show

It would seem, if true, that the easiest explanation is indeed the best explanation. As others in this thread have mentioned, there really is no reason for anything more complicated. However, if Fury is involved, will we see cameo from SLJ? Possibly to be filmed in secret during the CA:TWS shoot?

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's just what I expected. And the linked article is wrong to say
    "And as he lay there, with that massive wound, he was able to act dead in a way that fooled a lot of smart, observant people." They're forgetting that we never actually saw the medics declare Coulson dead -- we just heard Fury claim they had over the radio. Which is exactly what convinced me that he wasn't dead. (This is why it's important to distinguish between firsthand evidence and hearsay.)

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Unsurprising if true. Either way, I hope SLJ has a cameo appearance. Considering his current contract has an option for an exuberant amount of movies (I can't remember the exact count, 13 or so), I'm sure he's willing to make an appearance on this show.

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would think Maria Hill *WAS NOT* in on it. Why would she object to Nick Fury lying about the Captain America cards not really being on Coulson's body if she knew the bigger lie was Coulson wasn't even dead.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, not at all surprised by the spoiler, if it is true
    I wonder if it'll have any kind of an effect on the movies?
    Will eventually let the Avengers members find out he's not dead, or are they going to make sure he's never in the same place they are?

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I just feel really compelled to weigh in here, and note that

I haven't read the spoiler.

:p

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Well played sir.

12. Turtletrekker

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You beat me to it! Also yeah apparently the first promo will air this Sunday!

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Not surprising, but still pretty damn cool that we'll soon have another Joss Whedon show on the air (even if he probably won't be as heavily involved as he was with the others).

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bleeding Cool had the promo on their site via youtube but it already got taken down or else I would've posted the link. So I'm thinking it's possible we'll see it before Sunday.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Please ABC do not put this on your Thursday at 8 PM death slot!

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What slot isn't a death slot these days? They'd be better off immediately putting new episodes on Netflix right after they air.

18. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

They should put them online worldwide and get the biggest audience worldwide they possibly can.

19. Turtletrekker

You can see six seconds of the preview, the Hulk footage, at IO9.

20. Turtletrekker