The Sliders Kickstarter campaign

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TemporalFlux, Apr 2, 2013.

1. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it earlier and it was better than most of the episodes for the series. ;)

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, at least it didn't have Maggie in it.

4. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

F@&K! I realise this is a dumb April Fools joke, but I really want this!

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Holy Shit! With it being today I knew your post would be a joke but had no idea I would find this video! LOL!

No big bowties!!! I loved the early seasons but even from the start some of the variations in the alternate histories were as dopy as this.

Truth is Jerry is more like Quin in this than he was for most of season 3 and 4.

The "some other characters I do not know much about" comment is funny. Particularly because be not mentioning him that includes his own brother! Not just the characters brother but played by his brother in life.

Sliders always had comedic elements. Never occurred to me before but maybe a full out comedy would be a way to revive it. With the characters recast but given the premise the original cast could reprise their parts in cameos or supporting roles.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's why he was fired in season 5, no point in having your brother around after Jerry left the show.

But it was awesome.

7. Maab of the Ten Tribes

Maab of the Ten Tribes Captain Captain

That was hilarious! Man I really miss Sliders. All of the funny stuff aside I really wish the original characters (or at least some) could come back somehow. I would be happy if it was only in the form of a straight to dvd release to give the show a proper ending.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Wow Jerry took a slight jab at Kari Wurher.

I remember more of the back stage drama than the actual show.

John Rhys-Davies drunk during a party

Sabrina Lloyd locking herself in a trailer over a comment made by Kari

http://www.dimensionofcontinuity.com/bts.htm

[LEFT]Why Did Sabrina Lloyd Leave Sliders?[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Why Did John Rhys-Davies Leave Sliders?[/LEFT]

Supposedly the guy who runs it, Temporal Flux lives next to or knew Cleavant Derrick's neighbor

9. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. A Sliders movie would be great.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

While obviously done as a joke I think Jerry would want to do a movie. He has had a very steady string of roles since the show ended. But that was really one of the few times he was ever the lead star.

Its seems like Universal has done little with its continuing their older sci-fi franchises. Or at least the ones I followed. Battlestar Galatica being the only exception I can think of.

With Back to the Future, its clear that Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale have veto power to stop Universal for exploiting the characters and name. Which I am happy with. They told the story they wanted and won't let anyone exploit it. At least we are starting to see some collectables and merchandise appear. But thats seems totally fueled by forces outside of Universal.
    tro
    Quantum Leap. Nothing. I have no idea the reason. Scott Bakula and creator Don Bellisario want to bring back. The only hold back maybe be Don wants a feature. Also him and producer Deborah Pratt want to do some different. No problem right? They were married when they show was being made and are now divorced. Reading between the lines from both of them, I think she had bigger role in the creation of the show than it would appear. She was the second biggest writer after him. The divorce may have complicated legal issues. She wants to have a sequel starring Sam's daughter, which she created in an episode she wrote. Beyond that there have been no tie books or comics in years.

11. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Ideally, I'd love for Universal to bring Sliders back with a miniseries and a movie: a short continuity-heavy miniseries for the long time fans to wrap up the main characters and storylines from the show, followed by a motion picture for general audiences showing a version of the original four Sliders of another Earth going on their own adventures.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Sliders ended after the first season like many other unlucky shows "Earth Final Conflict", "Andromeda", and "Lois and Clark".;)

13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Pretty funny.

But I would totally back if it was legit.

14. auntiehill

I would gladly shell out a few bucks just to see one more episode with The Professor. John Rhys-Davies isn't getting any younger.

15. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see it come back. Sliders always seemed (when it was hitting on all cylinders) like a show written by people who had actually read science fiction. At least, in the earlier episodes it felt that way.

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I still found some stuff to enjoy about it, even after all the originals but Remington left, but, it really did become quite a mess. I'd rather see a full reboot starting over and avoid the mistakes, rather then see it continued as it was.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

John Rhys-Davies, drunk and reading the telephone directory, would still be off the charts as per sheer awesomeness.

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I stopped watching the series after Arturo died. It wasn't even intentional -- my interest just evaporated and I eventually sold the third season DVD (although I kept the first two seasons).

It's a good property for a reboot, actually. It had a core concept that was interesting, but rarely exploited (and television has come a long way since the mid-1990s). It would be a good fit for the SyFy Channel today, perhaps even more so now than when they picked it up for two final seasons.

19. auntiehill

So, SO very true. :bolian:

I tried to watch it after they killed of Arturo, but it was so painfully uninteresting. I would check in from time to time but by the time the lame brother showed up, I was done. For me, No Professor? No Sliders.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

What are you guys talking about? Arturo Prime still lives in an alternate universe! ;)