how many of you realy like the TOS tv show

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by kennysmith, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Rulius

Rulius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TOS is my favorite of all the Trek series.

2. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I think it's important to note that for those of us of a certain age it can be argued that if we hadn't liked TOS, we would never have watched any of the later series. It doesn't mean that we all like TOS more than any of the later series, just that our enjoyment of that series was the foundation that led to even trying any of the later ones.

From what I remember of that time (TNG first season) nobody who actively disliked Star Trek was willing to give it the time of day, so of course those who are still fans will be biased towards TOS.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

For us older fans (I'm 62), I think one reason TOS has such a warm place in the heart is it's what started it all, and without it, none of the later series or films ever would have existed. There's a sense of comfortable familiarity with it, because we went through the 70s watching those 78 (or 79) episodes over and over again, five nights a week, during its syndication days. I tend to enjoy watching the TOS episodes more than the later shows, because of that familiarity.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

TOS is the best, the most fun. Yes it's dated and corny but that's part of the charm. It doesn't take itself too seriously like TNG did.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But .. what about MLK??

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Okay, I'm trying to decode the meaning of MLK, but all I can come up with is Martin Luther King. Unless you're saying Me Like Kirk.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm making a jest about Nichelle Nichol's MKL story which belies KingDaniel's "it doesn't take itself too seriously" comment :)

(I don't even see it as dated as corny.. but I do see it as fun.)