supernatural 8x17 "Freaks and Geeks" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

New episode tonight, good people. :bolian: Looking forward. Of course, I have to work. Sob. Being poor sucks.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Unspoiled about the Episode, does Felicia Day return or are the Boys dealing with entirely new geeks in this one?

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

There aren't actually any freaks or geeks. One dweeb, maybe. :p

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I liked it but it wasn't great. Could see the plot from a mile ( or two, or three) away and the line "This is for my father..." was delivered so badly, it made me cringe.

Still, it's an interesting idea. Where will the new generation of hunters come from, now that so many have been killed off? I liked the relationship between Dean and the girl, but otherwise, I was left with a pretty "eh" feeling about it.

Next week's look pretty darn awesome, though.

5. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

This whole season just feels like a giant set-up for taking Supernatural into a franchise. They're building up a network of secret societies, introducing a new generation of ''better'' hunters, and working on closing off the demons so that they can focus on more traditional monsters that aren't quite so all-powerful.

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another back-door pilot-y episode. I was happy to see the younglings survive for a possible revisit down the road. An interesting idea: hunters living a stable, normal life while hunting in their free time. Reminds me of what their mother's life must have been like growing up in the Campbell household.

Interesting also that the key ingredient in the birth of any hunter (according to Victor and most of what we've seen onscreen) is a personal trauma, usually involving a family member or loved one.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Have we ever met a hunter who hasn't suffered some kind of loss to get them started hunting?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're warrior-priests.

It requires an epiphany to sign up.

Although I have seen from Punisher Comics that it's really easy to make money from killing super villains, but it's not like they ever thought about propping up a booth at a highschool job fair.

If the Winchesters did actually pawn or fence every possession their "victims" had on them, in their lair and their automobiles, they could probably turn a profit and hire henchmen or minions.

9. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Campbell family seemed to be hunters due to legacy over personal tragedy.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

True. But I'll bet the first Campbell hunter became so because of some kind of personal tragedy.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I wonder how many hunters are actually left in the US after all that has gone down?