iOS 6 released

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Candlelight, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I am NOT having this problem, but I have heard of it from friends on FB.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Did you hear about a fix?

3. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I have not. I believe the prevailing opinion out there is to do the update through the most recent version of iTunes, but I can't say that will fix it.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would do a full restore through iTunes. If you haven't done one in a while, worth doing it.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

My iPhone 4S updated in around 20 minutes over wifi the other day, no problems at all so far.

If anything the battery lasts a little longer now. I got the new youtube app out of the store the same day, everythings running fine, no problems with the lastest version of iTunes either.

Someone up thread mentioned folder-ing the core apps, the iPod touch could do that on 4.3, my iPhone could do it back on 5.0 (iTunes, App, Apple, Remote and iMessage all in one folder).

Just not so amazed by the new map system, and apparently, neither is Apple.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/09/28/apple-boss-our-maps-suck-try-google-instead/

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Check out this analysis of the new map feature, by a Canadian user. It's a bit shocking.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

After playing around with the new Apple Map last night, that doesn't surprise me at all. I kept trying to get it to recognize my address on the map, but it kept telling me I was at another address a mile down the road. It refused to accept my actual address's existence.

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yikes, but yeah I've been hearing for days now how bad the app is.

9. So glad I didn't upgrade to iOS6, and i won't be until they integrate public transit into the native Maps (I don't drive, live in a city), and of course just improve the Maps in general. I went ahead and upgraded on an ipad, figuring the maps aren't as big a deal on a wifi tablet, so I've done direct comparisons. There is a huge gulf in quality of data. Apples got about a year to improve it dramatically or im going to Android. The whole debacle has reminded me of how much I like and use Google services.

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

If they wanted to, they could can their own App and put an updated version of the old one up with 6.1.

Odds are that won't be happening. Next time around I may well check out the latest Samsung models too.