Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Next week's teaser looks awesome!

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Any bets on who shot Malcolm Merlyn?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Unless there's something in a trailer you've seen, not sure what you're asking. Thea pulled the trigger at the end of the episode, no confirmation on whether she actually shot Merlyn though.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know how ridiculous it is that he would turn up now in that costume?

Dark modern regular clothes, light armour, and a number of machine guns is what he should be carrying into a warzone.

Either this show is crap or Thea has had a psychotic break.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  5. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep checking IMDB for the show and I keep seeing that David Nykl is Anatoli, but through some kind of cognitive dissonance on my part, my brain doesn't accept it's him.

In other words, I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo:

First episode with him: "Ooh, who plays Anatoli? David Nykl? No, it can't be..."

Next episode: "Ooh, why plays Anatoli? David Nykl? No, it cant' be..."

and so on, until here we are, with the penultimate episode and I'm still not believing it's him.

I have the same issue with Burn Goram in both Pacific Rim and Game of Thrones, where I can't seem to reconcile either of those roles with him being Owen in Torchwood. Cue the Dory-like reaction of me continuing to think the actor looks familiar, looking it up, shaking my head, and then forgetting until the next time I see him.

Now, John Barrowman is the exact opposite of this phenomenon. At this point, what ever character he's playing becomes "John Barrowman playing Malcolm Merlyn" or "John Barrowman playing Jack Harkness."

I can't figure out why I believe this, but I thought it was revealed that Malcolm was revived after "Sacrifice" with something like Mirakuru. There's something to him beyond League of Assassins training that gives him an edge. Even in "Streets of Blood," he's the only one shown to actually stand a chance against one of Slade's mirakuru-aided soldiers. Everyone else uses some kind of incendiary or, in Felicity's case, a van, to deal with a mirakuru-aided soldier.

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And after last season's issue with the earthquake machine, it's possible there was an exodus. New Orleans still hasn't returned to it's former population size since Katrina.

7. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Summer looked good without the mask in the outfit but I wasn't a hater with the mask. :p

8. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Oh I misread the look of suprise on her face at the end. I didn't catch her pulling the trigger and thought the shots came from behind her.

9. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My 10-year old son had the same reaction. It's not a bad costume, but the mask...oh the mask!

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was a great episode. I can definitely see what the meant about the end of the season being epic.
    I had no idea that was David Nykl as Anatoli or that he was a pre-existing comics character. He never even seemed slightly familiar to me, honestly.
    I do agree that the mask for Isabel is just bad. I understand they are going for the Ravager look from the comics, but I'm thinking that might be one that just doesn't work in live action.

11. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really Isabel just needed something over the eyes like what Sara wears but half black & orange.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They should have just gone Dread Pirate Roberts with it.

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it will look better after she puts her eye out.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Summer Glau is too gorgeous to wear a mask especially a silly one like she has. Some paint around the eyes is good enough.

15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

What if it were a Catwoman mask?

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, he has to. Even in spite of what he's done, Oliver needs to find a peaceful way to solve the situation or else his evolution was a bit of a waste.

That being said, whether Slade survives anyway is a different question. He may still die.

17. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really hope they find a way to neutralize Slade instead of killing him. I would love to see him working with the Suicide Squad next season. A controlled Slade having to report to Waller and work alongside Deadshot would be entertaining.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Good ending. Glad they found a way to do it without killing. Although I'm not sure how Slade is going to eat.

Looking forward to ARGUS/HIVE next season.

19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well handled season ender. The editing in the Ollie/Slade fight was exceptional and covered the fact the fight itself was average. Great that Thea left all the people that lied to her. Could have done without Det. Lance dropping at the end, no real need for it. Slade captured on the island and Ollie is creating his own prison but will Waller let him stay there if she needs him? Glad we have left the island and can get on woth more of Ollies training. Opens it up for many more guest appearances if Ollie travels the globe. And loved the Flash teaser.

20. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Way too much stupid in this episode. A huge step down in quality from the season 1 finale.