Post-Iron Man 3: What about Betty Ross?!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, May 20, 2013.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[LEFT](Mild IM3 spoilers)[/LEFT]

AHEM.

[​IMG]

[LEFT]What's the story here, Marvel? Is Banner a free man, or is he under de facto house arrest in Stark Enterprises properties? Was that post-credits scene in New York; is he living there now? Has he gotten back in touch with Betty post-Avengers? Has she moved on? [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Inquiring minds want to know! :p[/LEFT]

2. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Give it up, Gaith -- I heard she renewed the restraining order! :P ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  3. Gaith

No, that was her evil Connelly twin. Arwen and I are still good! :p

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

... evil Connelly? In no universe is Jennifer Connelly evil, heretic. :lol:

5. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're having big angry sex after she becomes a big red chick.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I really hope they do another Hulk movie. :(

Maybe they'll do one as part of Phase Three, since Phase Two seems like it's pretty much set.

7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

From one of Banner's lines in The Avengers (when he touches the cradle while talking to Natasha), I'm under the impression that he's deliberately keeping his distance. He may have more control over his situation, but he's still obviously not leading a normal life. He probably thinks that she doesn't need the "always angry" Banner in her life...and it's not clear whether or not he could safely consummate his relationship with her these days. If he could, it would presumably be...angry.

Plus, the same scene implied that General Ross was still interested in finding Banner, but SHIELD was doing their part to throw him off track. Ross would still be keeping a close watch on Betty for any signs of Banner contacting her.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Kind of sad that Betty was never mentioned in Avengers.

All the other girlfriends got at least a mention. Jane and Peggy Carter got cameos, and Pepper got a memorable supporting role in short shorts showing off her legs.

9. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I'm kinda hoping for a return of Betty Ross - be interesting if she becomes Red She Hulk - or if they really wanna flip things around - make her the regular Green She-Hulk first. Of course I still want my sexy Hulki-McBeal Jennifer Walters to show up somewhere.

But they COULD do a She-Hulk or even cameo by Betty in the new Shield show maybe. I know she's a 'movie' actress, but c'mon... how much would she be for a walk on role? She's not doing THAT much now honestly.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Betty was also that Green harpy gamma monster which could be visually very interesting.

11. Gaith

Phase Two definitely is, yeah. And I wouldn't expect them to make any Hulk movie commitment prior to his role in Avengers 2, to make sure that success wasn't a fluke.

Heck, I don't think Ruffalo's too big for an occasional visit, say, once a season or so, though it'd almost certainly be a Banner-only appearance.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really want another Hulk film...although it seems they have no immediate plans for scheduling one and are just going to use Ruffalo in "Avengers" and such which I think is a waste of his contract, but perhaps they do have something in mind for phase three and could resign him. I believe he has a three picture deal?

As for Betty Ross...I don't believe Liv was contracted for a sequel to "The Incredible Hulk". In fact in the audio commentary Tim Roth revealed he had a contract for the second, so if there were sequel contacts they must have since expired.

I like the suggestion above that Bruce has distanced himself. I'm sure he and Betty had reached some kind of understanding and they're in contact but I got the impression from "Avengers" that he's been keeping a low profile like the start of "The Incredible Hulk".

13. Gaith

^ A six-picture deal. Not sure if as small and uncredited a cameo as the IM3 one counts.

Between TIH and Avengers, Banner might have sent Betty a snail mail letter or two via a mutual friend at some point, but given the increased scrutiny he'd be under, I don't see them being in any more contact than that.

Post-Avengers, I don't see any reason why Tony couldn't have arranged a phone call at the very least.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps Bruce didn't want to contact Betty. Why would there have been a reason to other than just mention her?

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

"As a physician, you of all people should appreciate the danger of re-opening old wounds...."