Annoying Over Played Songs..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gil T.Azell, Jun 19, 2013.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Anything by the Beatles.

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm one of the biggest Journey fans out there, and yeah, I'm sick of Don't Stop Believin' as well. Although it was overplayed by lots of shows and movies before Glee got a hold of it.

3. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I generally avoid FM radio like the plague. I'd have to say that Gotye "Somebody That I Used To Know" song needs to be banned from the airwaves for at least a few years after how often it was played.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Don't worry, be happy - played literally every 15 minutes when it was first out.

5. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

In terms of background and/or elevator music:

(Bee Gees)
    - the theme song of Grease
    - Stayin' Alive
    - You Should Be Dancing

- "Centerfold" by The J Geils Band
    - "Burnin' For You" by Blue Oyster Cult
    - "867-5309/Jenny" by Tommy Tutone
    - "Mr Roboto" by Styx

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

What??? I love Adele, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Kellie Clarkson, Lady Gaga, FUN.

"No one's ever gonna stop us tonight! No one's ever, No one's ... No one's ever gonna stop us tonight!" :lol:

But I have to admit, even I cringe every time I hear Bruno's "Locked Out of Heaven." Sheesh, the guy's trying too hard to have a sexy vibe, but sexy he ain't.

"Yeah, your sex takes me to paradise, yeah, your sex takes me to paradise, and it show-oo-ow-oo-ow-oo-oww, yeah, yeah, yeah."

I like a couple of Adam Levine's songs, but I cannot stand him as a person, which is why I've never downloaded any of his songs. He's full of himself.

Justin Bieber - thank God the major radio stations in my area don't play any of his songs, that talentless hack.

Justin Timberlake - He insists upon himself. That's right. He insists upon himself. :vulcan:

7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Not that I listen to the radio much and our freeview doesn't get any music channels, but I must whole heartedly agree, anything by Adele.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I really wish that album oriented rock stations would stop playing Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven. Give it a fucking rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

"Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink and Nate Ruess.

10. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

it would have to be That Song I Don't Like by That Singer Who's Popular Right Now

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh God yes. That piece of shit is even worse than Seven Nation Army or that 'Kernkraft 400' where everyone goes ohhhhhhaaaoaooaoahhhh. :brickwall:

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

There are many overplayed songs everywhere I go, but for the most part I don't find them annoying.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, on the radio station that I listen to, I am so sick and freaking tired of hearing:

"Freak Like Me" by Halestorm
    "Remember Everything" by Five Finger Death Punch
    "Signs" by Tesla
    "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd

What's even worse is when I actually hear people call in and request them. I just want to be like "Wait five freaking minutes and you'll hear it anyways!"

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

But ... It's such a lovely place, such a lovely place...

15. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Don't make me use my Honor Blade in here. Things could get messy.

--Sran

16. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Anything Adele belts.

17. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Heretic! :devil:
    I may be gay, but both of those songs get me "in the mood".
    Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks rock!
    Always love them.
    I agree with you. Perhaps, it is because I live in a rural area. We aren't a big city, so we aren't inundated by it.

The best background music is @ our local Dollar Tree. I always end up tapping my toes or lip synching while shopping there!:techman:

Personally, I only listen to one radio station: K-Love contemporary Christian radio. There motto: "Positive. Encouraging. K-Love."

18. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not a piece of shit, it's a legendary piece of crowd-pleasing genius, it just happens to be vastly overused due to its popularity at sporting events.

They are great tracks, but they are all over used to the point of being annoying now. Especially to a huge Queen fan like myself.

WWRY and WATC are the first two tracks of News of the World, my all time favourite album, but sometimes I wish they weren't as I am tempted to skip them to get to the rest of the album, heard them soooo many times now. It's nice to hear their legacy reverberating around the world 20 years after Freddie died, but there's a huge catalogue of their music that is mostly overlooked in favour of the radio singles.

19. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Tracy Chapman 'Fast Car' Queen 'Bohemian Rhapsody' 'We Are the Champions' -and almost forgot- 'We Will Rock You' ( Damn you for the memories Pingfah) Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson 'To All the Girls I Loved Before'; I pray there is a place in Dante's Inferno for those people and those songs.

20. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As the Music Bingo DJ says "Ke$ha is Ancient Babylonian for sparkly $lut" :rommie:

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.