What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mass Effect
    Assassin's Creed
    GTAIV
    The Witcher
    STO
    LOTRO

basically every game I own that my old computer couldn't run very well

2. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Main focus right now is on AC:Brotherhood, but I'm excited for Okamiden to be released tomorrow. Finally, a reason to get my DS out of the box again after a year of neglect.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finally beat Sly 3 earlier today.

4. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

After finishing Fable II, I'm on to Star Ocean: The Last Hope. So far it's been a blast - exactly what I'm looking for in an RPG!

5. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I just beat the campaign of StarCraft 2. Now I'm going back to try for some of the achievements I missed.

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

grumblegrumbleonefuckingfeatherlefttofindinAC2grumblegrumble

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I hate it when I get down to just one last item. My mom is a bit of a gamer too, and I don't know how many weeks she spent wandering around the castle in LEGO Harry Potter looking for her last student in peril.

As for what I'm playing now, I'm working my way through Heavy Rain for the first time, and I'm playing Infamous for the second time. The first time through on Infamous I ended up getting stuck, and then moved on to other games without finishing it. This time I will not give up till I finish it.

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been feeling a major urge to play Starcraft 2 and Crysis recently. Because I can get through Crysis & Warhead pretty quickly, I'm starting there.

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Heavy Rain. Interesting and unique concept for a video game, but the writing is less than stellar for a story-driven game. Also a few annoyances in gameplay.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Got the last feather - so I just have the last memory sequence to do.

11. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Played Rift for a couple of hours last night. It's pretty cool. It's a lot like WoW but with several interesting twists. There are only 4 classes, but with the soul system there are effectively a lot more than that.

I think the two factions are interesting and pretty well defined. The Guardians have the support of the old gods and are from the past, the Defiant are technology based and come from a post-apocalyptic future. (I rolled Defiant)

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

13. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And now I'm quitting Crysis and moving on to Starcraft II. Crysis has a level where you're supposed to fight 4 people in suits so your ride can come pick you up. The problem is that it also has a glitch that never got patched, so sometimes the enemies never show up and the game doesn't move forward because of it. I have tried every reload I think of to try and "avoid" the glitch, but I've run out of options short of restarting a level that I hate. So I'm going to my next game. :lol:

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny you should mention that, 'cause one of the 3 BAFTA awards it won on Wednesday night was for the story.

15. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's odd that it won for story - it's story was full of more holes than a whorehouse. It was an interesting experience, though.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I can't believe Heavy Rain won for story, considering its biggest plot twist relies on the most random, nonsensical WTF bullcrap ever.

I'm still glad I played it, though. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to one of those classic adventure game franchises done in that style.

17. Bishop76

:techman:

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like I said up thread, I'm playing Heavy Rain right now, and I do have to agree with you guys that the story isn't really anything amazing. But, for me the game itself is so unique, and IMO well done, that I'm still really enjoying it.

19. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Day 3 of Rift, still diggin' it. It comes across as a WoW clone at fist but the more you play it the more the differences jump out at you, for example the more mature look of the world and characters. There's more going on in the zones than in WoW, and your actions (closing Rifts) have a direct and immediate effect on the gameplay in that zone, which is nice. I hit 16 last night and as soon as I save up enough gold for dual spec I'll be trying my first instance.

20. Bishop76

I played the beta and the look was one of the things I didn't like about it at all. It was more realistic looking, but it seemed to lack any sort of design aesthetic or "soul" for lack of a better way to describe what I thought. I guess bland would be the description I would use for its look.

I hit level 15 and never thought it strayed too far from being a WoW clone with a few neat additions like the rifts and the interchangeable souls for each class. Ultimately, it was just too much like WoW for me to bother buying into it.