Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by FalTorPan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here is something new that we haven't done in a while...If you go to http://farragut-animated.com/image.html you will see we have started posting images again that relate to The Needs of the Many...This week, the Cestus III Wormhole station.

Now, you may be asking yourself...."self...I don't remember a wormhole station at Cestus III". Well, neither did Kirk. It is explained in Act 1 of the episode, but the ground station was just a secondary station for what was REALLY going on at Cestus III. You will have to watch the episode on Thursday to get the whole story.

A hand goes out to Thomas Phong for the design of this station.

Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. NEO f/x

The first act is available for those interested: http://farragut-animated.com/needs.html

There is a lot going on in this episode, and a lot more will be revealed in Act 2. And yes, this is a 'fan-style' episode with a lot of references to the entire Trek universe. Since there may only be 2 animated episodes, we had to do one 'tribute episode' :)

Enjoy!

3. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

That was fun! Roll on Act 2.

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Yeah, good start.

5. NEO f/x

All,
    With Act 1 released, we are working feverishly toward Act 2 and 3. However, we have time to do a Monday posting. This time, the wallpaper images of Tumar, voiced by Tim Russ.

Now, we have been asked if Tumar is a relative of Tuvok from ST: Voyager. It is never established on screen or dialog, however, why not?

Anyway...enjoy....

http://farragut-animated.com/image.html

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Who did the Medical asst? It's close to what I did, but has been altered. The nose looks weird, IMO.

7. NEO f/x

As you know, we did two versions of this guy...and as far as I can tell that was the one you did for me originally (over a year ago).

I could be wrong, but the file hasn't been altered since then.

8. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Here is my original. Not that it's a big deal, but I think the nose looks funny on the other one.

[​IMG]

9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

10. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Nice article, thanks for posting.

11. NEO f/x

All,

Today we are going to do something different. While there is no update from me personally on the animated episodes, we do have another 'animated' special for you. Technically, it could be considered another episode of Farragut.

Kail Tescar, associate producer of the animated episodes, has taken some of the 'cels' that he has created and produced a full length comic book of Starship Farragut. Entitled "Dearly Departed", it finally explains WHY Prescott decided to leave the Farragut (for those that follow Farragut and were wondering ;)). I won't give anything away, but I am rather impressed with this story and its resolution.

It is still considered 'beta' at this point. There are some 'Easter eggs' in it that you are free to discuss here....see if you can find them all!

http://www.startrekanimated.com/tas_comic09_main.html

Enjoy, and congratulations to Kail and Farragut....

12. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Very nicely done!!!

13. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Continuing in the Filmation vein, here are some more blog posts about/by people who worked at Filmation and what their process was like.

Following model sheets.

The bureaucracy gone mad.

Read the comments after the first post...animator Will Finn tells a story about how working at Filmation on He-Man.

14. NEO f/x

For those who are keeping track, Act 2 of The Needs of the Many is now available.

This act introduces Chase Masterson's character, and she does a fantastic job (IMO).

Be sure to catch up on Act 1 again as well...there is a lot going on in this episiode.

http://farragut-animated.com/needs.html

15. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Thanks, I've updated the Farragut page at my Website to reflect the newly available act. When the third and final act is released, the entire episode will get a headline.

16. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

An excellent job on this act, Michael!

17. NEO f/x

It was a team effort, but I appreciate the kind words. It is one of those things in life where you really don't know how it will turn out until you actually release it.

Enjoy!

18. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Good stuff. You guys really captured that TAS feel.

19. NEO f/x

For those that have been patiently waiting, I wanted to let everyone know that the FINAL act of the Needs of the Many will be out on May 12th at 8am PST.

This has been a long journey since I first conceived of doing this. I think close to 3 years now...wow...would I have done if I had known it would have taken so long...maybe, because it turned out even better than I originally had hoped.

I was puttting the DVD pieces together today and I couldn't believe I actually pulled together folks like Chris Doohan, Chase Masterson, Tim Russ, and even Lou Scheimer. Just shows that anything is possible should you put your mind to it.

For those that are friends with NEO f/x on Facebook, you will probably get a sneak peek next week :)

20. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Great! Can't wait to have a complete DVD, with both episodes and bonus features and such. Awesome!