BringBackKirk video

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Anji, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Have any of you seen this this video on YouTube from BringBackKirk.com? It's amazing. It starts off with the righting the great wrong of the killing of Kirk in Generations and...well, I don't want to spoil the rest.

I'd like your opinion. This movie is a pretty tall order. Do you think CBS/Paramount would have the money/ability/talent/guts to pull something like this off??? I for one would shell out the $9 to go see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHANrzMSlk

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

If they wedge Shat into the next movie I may stay home.

3. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I HATE THAT F##KING VIDEO!!!!!!!

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

What can I say? Long on special effects, short on story and dialog. Some more exposition would be nice.

5. thew40

thew40 Commander Red Shirt

I remember when this first came out and thinking it was kinda neat. Now, watching it, I feel embarassed. I understand and appreciate the amount of work that was done for this -- but at the same time, it's monumentally dorky.

6. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Who do I talk to to get my 9 minutes and 15 seconds back?

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Aww, not this again.

8. CDR6

CDR6 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As much as I like the original cast, some are old, and some are gone. I think the new cast will age into their roles well if the new Trek lasts. So "Hail and farewell Star Trek!"

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This ship has sailed.

10. Char Aznable

Char Aznable Lieutenant Commander

I've seen that vid many times now and it is STILL one of the worst things I've ever seen. Anyone who legitimately thinks this would be a good movie, especially now, deserves to get punched in the face.

11. knine

knine Captain Captain

Not this crap again.

CBS won't do it, but I dunno, maybe if NBC gets desperate enough.....

12. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

This is actually quite entertaining as a trailer - its pretty dumb though.

"Wouldn't it be kewl if they had all the crews in one action packed film" seems to be the premise - and its pretty silly, seeing it would probably be a terrible mess.

13. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

Another point: Why are fans of a franchise where the future is meant to be peaceful so hung up on killing thousands of people? When Trek actually did a war in DS9 it built it up, showed the consequences and crucially did it to open doors for their characters. No great story has ever been told with the premise "lets blow loads of ships up cos its kewl".

14. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Time to leave this whole thing alone.

15. THE_FETT

THE_FETT Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah it left me wondering; why is it called "Bring Back Kirk" it seems like it should be called "Bring Back Everyone"

And so, if the trailer is an indication of the proposed story, then the movie would basically be, take all the plots of various episodes and mash them all together?

And eveyrone is old. And Scotty is dead. Wtf? What are these people smoking?

16. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

I wasn't a fan of them putting Spock into the new movie (I think they should have just rebooted, but I won't go into that) and would hate to see him back for the next movie the Shat, well that may put me off all together. Yeah I didn't like Kirks death either but going and bringing him back would most likely just make the situation worse. What's done is done, now lets all just move on.

17. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Agreed, and I'm a long time Shatner fan. They need to move on, and let go (shatner too..and I think he has).

Rob

18. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like an attempt to take the original crew and immerse them in some of the worst aspects of the spinoffs. Not a good idea, IMHO.

19. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Well, actually they did "Bring Back Kirk". Pine was awesome playing him.

As for Shatner, he's good where he is today (and make no mistake, he is good). But it's time to move on.

20. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

You have to remember when this was made. Generations left a bad taste in many fans' mouths because Kirk, who beat up genetic supermen for breakfast, died because he was too heavy on a teetering bridge. I could almost accept the first "death" of Kirk, what with him saving the Enterprise and all.

I don't recall there being many fan films then, either. And to us Kirk fans, it was a shot in the arm after putting up with the character's stupid, senseless death. Of course, the situation has changed since then. In Shatner's novels, he brought Kirk back for adventures in the Next Gen era, and now a new actor is playing the role.

This is a perfect example of Paramount wasting their resources. I would have liked to see an annual Trek film with the original cast before any of the actors beamed up to the big Enterprise in the sky, but the company didn't know how to handle the lightning in a bottle Star Trek was ... and is.