Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Hah, (profanity) Wacky, you gave me a "C." I remember. :p

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

We certainly are neither oldtimers nor old. We are MMs (mature members) and like a good wine we get even better with time!

It's in the url of your profile. Yours is 5636; the u stands for user in the database:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/member.php?u=5636

Now if only I could remember my old account's user ID...
    I do recall my old postcount, though: 1552 posts. I'm definitely not a spammer :biggrin:

Bonzie, the C certainly refered to a bad day and is statistically completely neglectable! ;)
    (Still I'm glad I never was a staff member here and am not likely to ever become one. Particularly being Tech Admin here or Mod in TNZ has always seemed to me more of a punishment than a revard and would certainly drive weaker personalities to recreational ressorts where they wear tight-fitting white apparel with extremely long sleeves...)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    For what it's worth my User ID is 405.

I'm ancient.

4. rhubarbodendron

indubitably.
    But Vulcans (and halflings) have a longer life expectancy anyway, so you're really not *that* old

I registered my first account after Yu and before Vert, so my UserID would be somewhere between 502 and 563 nowadays. But the numbers got reassigned when the board's software changed and inactive members were deleted in 2005.
    On the old board my User ID was somewhere in the low 500s IIRC. Around 520 I believe. I'll have a look at my backups. Maybe I made one of my profile back then. I did destroy a lot of my old discs, though, when I no longer needed the data.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm having fun now plugging numbers into the user id. AntonyF is 1.

1701 is someone named Buttinsky.

6. rhubarbodendron

Boards are programmed to always reserve #1 for the person who set them up. Usually that's the Tech Admin.
    #2 is a test account, apparently. Set up by Anthony to test the software I presume. Wise decision. I do the same on my new boards :)
    #3 is Trekzone. That's a shared account for whoever needs to post news.
    The "real" accounts start with #4: Christian

As far as I can remember, Teelie held a very low number at the original board. Wasn't he even among the first 10 or 15?

7. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Hmm... I can't find my original ID on WayBack, but... Bonzie, you spammer! :D :D

If I'd kept my original account I'd be in the 340-350 range. ;) I threw it away at 749 posts - wanted to change from JimH to Jim Gamma, but the rule back then was NO name changes under ANY circumstances without losing your old account.

Changed it again in 2003 when I was erm... 'gifted' a dual user ID by someone I won't name (I had my old account closed at the time). I should stress that this 'gift' was not at my request - I had used the name Kurn elsewhere, and someone had registered it here, and simply dumped the password on me.

EDIT: Found my first ever post in This Thread as JimH, and my Profile! :) (And a version shortly before I switched accounts the first time.)

My Second Profile just prior to the Great Purge of 2002...

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm User 102?! Good lord, I've been here a long time.

No wonder I remember this place feeling so much smaller.

9. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

If I had registered when I first found this place instead of lurking for several years, my ID probably would be in the high 3 digits. No idea what my username would have been since it would have been well before I got the dog.

I checked the user id of the newest poster from last night. We are well into the mid 5 digits. That means nearly 90 percent of the posters signed on after I did. Granted, most of them probably hardly posted and lost interest like my wife did last year. But the same probably goes for many of those who signed on before I did.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'm User 212. That's a lot lower than I expected!

11. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm 455.

12. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

108. Some kind of clever Lost reference.

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Whichever poster is number 47 is clearly J.J. Abrams and he's been f'ing with us all these many years without anybody ever getting wise.

Until now. :shifty:

14. Rob Hal

Rob Hal Vice Admiral Admiral

If I remember the thread correctly, a 'C' was a pretty good grade. But I certainly recall your moderating skills being worthy of at least a 'C+' ... :lol:

As for the user ID, lots of profiles must have been deleted over the years because I certainly was not the 30th registered member here. There was a fairly active community here by the time I joined... it took me a whole three weeks to become a bitter elitist disgruntled by the influx of newbies.

15. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm 2708 - not that high up on the ladder. :)

16. T'Bonz

OMG...I'd forgotten about that. The race to #1 and 10,000 posts. If memory serves, and I'm sure Rob Hal will correct me, DEA beat us there. Then Rob Hal and I were in a race for the second place. He barely got ahead of me.

But in the end, I won the Spam Queen crown.

The comments were hilarious....I had forgotten. :)

Elitist (See, I haven't forgotten THAT :D):

C sucks. A C means that you merely showed up. For my dedication A+. For my presence, A. For my bad temper, D.

Oh well....now I see. But I'd still argue strongly for a B- at the least. :p

God, I miss DEA. He was loads of fun. And Captain Decker and his love for "Arena." And hot-tempered Teelie. He and I finally goaded Twain into a warning once. Of course, Twain had done that to me.

Crazy times. Twain was fine. He was fun to provoke and not a bad guy...just a bit crankier than I was, which I must admit, takes doing.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Mine is '222'.

Guess its that high because I joined in January 2001. God I've wasted a lot of time here. :lol:

18. rhubarbodendron

I bet 90% of DEAs posts where complaints about how he was only #2 :nyah:
    And I don't miss him at all. He was such an arrogant self-centered descendant of a popular pet.

We totally forgot about [FONT=Arial]where'sSaavik?[/FONT] in this thread! Is he/she still around (I believe it was a female poster)

19. Rob Hal

Rob Hal Vice Admiral Admiral

That Top 50 list was really a bad idea, wasn't it?

I'm fairly confident that DEA reached 10000 first. I'm not so confident that I reached it second. I had vowed that I would top the list some day, but cleaning up the mess that was the TNG forum was a full time job. ;)

Seeing that archived list brought a tear to my eye... so many names I had forgotten, so many friends from a what seems like a previous life. I really do miss this place.

Except for all the newbies. Old guard forever! :D

20. T'Bonz

I think you JUST beat me to the number 2 spot, but I got to number 1 before you did, if you ever did. I don't think you did. I held on to it for a while.

Ah, it was harmless fun. I don't have the time or inclination to be online as much as I did back then, but during a time when I had health issues and was stuck home and couldn't work or do much of anything, the Internet was a godsend.

I had loads of fun here.