Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Wait, what? I asked you about Useless, the Third Doctor's second (and easily worst) companion. What's that got to do with Peri?

2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Uh... large numbers of male collectors buy the female companion figures because they want to perv out on them because the actress was attractive? ;)

I just bought Peri to do my bit to support the classics line and as far as classic figures go, I guess I am a bit of a completest so I probably would buy Mel and Adric if I had the cash to waste.

3. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Jo was very popular.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

See, I too would have liked a single carded Peri, but I absolutely refuse to shell out one cent for Sil. He actually ranks among my least favorite Doctor Who villains (not only is he insufferable, but he's an insufferable turd!). I like Peri, but not enough to pay extra for her because of that.

I felt the same way with the Third Doctor being paired with those three maggots. That's my favorite version of the Third Doctor, but...maggots? Seriously. Maggots?
    :wtf:

5. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I've broken down and ordered a couple of Dalek figures from "Victory of the Daleks": the white Supreme Dalek (I'm not a huge-huge fan of the new design, but I do love the look of that white one); and the Ironside Dalek (the Blackout variant).

I haven't ordered anything from Pixel Barrel in a while, but they had all of those Paradigm Daleks available individually, and the Blackout Ironside actually wasn't "out of stock". :D

6. Winterwind

Hmm. Have their prices gone down? Because I stopped ordering from them the minute I discovered Mike's and found it was cheaper, even with exchange rates and shipping, to get them from him than 90 minutes up the road.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I got myself an Ironside a couple of weeks ago. Oddly I nearly got myself a Paradigm Dalek as well (red or orange I reckon would be good colours) they seem to look better in real life(Dr Who live) or as figures than they do on screen...most odd!

8. OmahaStar

A quick look tells me nope. He probably ordered from there because he wanted an individual Dalek, when Mike's sells them as sets only.

9. Worf2DS9

^ Yeah, individually, the Paradigm Daleks are $17.99 each at Pixel; the Blackout Ironside is a little more, but I think Mike's is out of that one.

10. Worf2DS9

Got my two Daleks on Friday. Here's a pic!

[​IMG]

11. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I got my Ressurection set the other day:

[​IMG]

12. Worf2DS9

^ Did you make that backdrop/set as well?

13. Demonland

That's the backdrop that comes with the set. It's cardboard but comes out really nice in photos.

14. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Worf2DS9

^ What's with the cape? Looks like that should go with Six's blue costume. :D

16. OmahaStar

He wore that in Revelation. In-story, he was "forced" to wear blue as a sign of respect at the funeral ... but let's face it, he could walk around wearing Germantrude on his head and he'd look fantastic.

17. Demonland

Yay! More Daleks!

18. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must start getting some pics up of my own. I have a computer, at last, means i can now put some caption contests up again, yay.:techman:

Anyway, back on topic.

does anyone have this set?

[​IMG]

Finally saw it in the flesh/plastic yesterday at a toy store.

Its pretty impressive looking, but i think thats down to the funky faux illumination on the wondows. The pic doesnt do it justice.

Now, why couldnt they have done this paint job on the FCT insread of the black? Fair enough, they didnt light the FCT like the previous one, but it looks awesome, the effect is pretty striking when you actually see the thing itself. The only difference between this and the FCT is that this one has no sound chip or lantern light.

Fair enough, it is easy to replicate this effect with pearlesscent paints an a coat of clear modelling varnish for the glass effect, but it still wouldve been cool to have this on the new FCT.:)

19. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

The word your looking for is regal.

20. Winterwind

Well, I've got a couple of the new Daleks on the way. I blame Worf for this. His ordering the White Supreme and posting a pic made me have to have one. ;)

So I've got a White Supreme and a Blue Strategist on the way. I already have a Red Drone and I'm on big on yellow or orange so those two were easy to give a miss. Actually, there's very little in the two S5 waves that appeal to me. The only one I haven't got yet that I intend to pick up is a Silurian. I've got the Silurian General. I just need to get a warrior or two.