How Often Do You Watch DS9?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Plomeek Broth, May 29, 2009.

1. Plomeek Broth

Plomeek Broth Commander Red Shirt

Since DS9 is the best Trek series and it is basically one evolving story, how often do you watch the series from beginning to end? Just curious. :klingon:

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

The series as a whole? Just once in its initial run. Since then I have repeatedly watched many of the episodes at random. But incidentally I'm in the process of rewatching the whole series right now. Currently I'm in the middle of the second season.

3. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just when it's on TV... and never entirely. For instance, I can only stand the B-plot of episodes like Meridian, and I can't stand Move Along Home at all.

4. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

Episode by episode, only once during the original airing. These days I find myself watching based on themes or characters. Sometimes I'll watch the Ferengi episodes. Or maybe S31 episodes. Or Hippocratic Oath and The Quickening back to back, etc. It used to be my ritual after work to sit down with a meal and a nice episode of DS9. Then I bought B5 and the old War of the Worlds series and watched those instead for awhile. Now I'm back on DS9 again, a couple episodes a week.

Oddly enough, the only series I revisited on an episodic basis was ENT. I skipped almost all of season 3 during the original airing. So when I bought the series I went straight to season 3, one episode at a time.

5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I missed most of the first two seasons when it first aired, so when I bought the DVDs I watched the whole thing through over 6 months. It was the first time I had seen the show for about 5 years because they stopped showing reruns here soon after the show ended.

A few months after that I decided to do a rewatch of only the great episodes starting with Emissary, Duet, ITHOTP, The Circle Trilogy and Necessary Evil... but I just couldn't do it, I had to watch them all so I went back and watched all the episodes I skipped and proceeded the whole way through. That was almost three years ago now.

I'm not the sort of person who picks an episode and watches it, I always have to do a full rewatch. So I watched the whole thing through twice.

6. Lee T

Lee T Captain Captain

I think I've done about four "marathons".

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been watching a lot of DS9 recently, finishing up season 2 and starting season 3 this week. My trek viewing goes in spurts. I'm in a real big DS9 mode right now, but a while back, I couldn't watch anything other than Voyager (Which I was finishing my collection pretty much). It's all part of what mood I'm in and if I feel like watching DS9.

As to what episodes I watch, DS9 comes in order with a few exceptions. All the other series (Except for Enterprise) are picked at random but most of the time it's if a certain episode is talked about here or if an episode is never talked about here (Like Tribunal) than I would watch what I haven't watched in a long time.

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I'm watching it in order for the first time, saving the episodes for the end of the week as I watch one on Thursday and one on Friday each week. It's a fun way to end a week, except when the episodes are disappointing, as was the case as I just watched "Prodigal Daughter". :( I was excited to learn more about Ezri (really digging that character, so far), but that episode got way too caught up in an uninteresting plot. I'm hoping for better from "The Emperor's New Cloak" and "Field of Fire", which apparently also show us some new things about her.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The last time I watched it all the way through would probably be late 2006 in 2007. Not sure how much I watched last year but so far this year I wanted watched an entire episode yet.

10. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm watching it start to end right now, I'm halfway through S4. :)

I watch it start to end every couple of years, same with other shows I like, Like B5, Firefly, etc.

11. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

I watch DVD's at least 3-4x per week. I can't watch it from beginning to end-way too impatient

12. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm constantly watching one series or another... I probably work through one every 2 or 3 months, watching an episode or two per night before bed... I've probably seen DS9 from start to finish about 15 times now. Don't think any less of me, I do get out of the house :-)

13. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I doubt I'll watch it again, all the way from "Emissary" to "What You Leave Behind" again, but I watch some of DS9 once a week or more, usually.

14. arasam22

arasam22 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

well, seeing as how all the ds9 videos got taken off of youtube in the past couple of days, i'll never watch all the way through ds9. i might get the dvds on netflix, but there's no way i'll be able to afford to buy them. i made it through season 6, tho (skipping about thirty episodes along the way), so it was a good start.

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I tried to watch a season five episode the other day and couldn't make it through. Still find seasons 1 - 3 superior in pretty much every way.

16. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

About once every 20 years.

I'll often watch individual episodes every now and then though.

17. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I have only watched it once from beginning to end, and that was the year we did it here in this forum, when the DVD sets were coming out. What was that? 2003 or something?

I watched it's initial run on TV from the first episode, but I was in Russia all of 1995 and so missed about a year of it then, and then missed the odd episode once I returned.

I was later able to see the episodes I missed from 1995 when the VHS tapes started coming out, but I was never able to see a couple of the latter episodes which never came out on tape until the DVD sets came out.

Anyway, the year the sets came out we watched the entire show as a forum from beginning to end, and that was really fun. And since then, I watch an episode or two here and there when I feel like it on DVD...and I would often walk on the treadmill at night to DS9 on SpikeTV when it was on.

I should really watch it from beginning to end again. I've been missing it lately.

18. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Twice from start to finish, once on TV, once when the DVD's came out. I also watched the abridged edition a few years back of just my favourite episodes, which would be about half of them ;) I do also, every once and a while, pop on an episode or two, or a whole arc, or two... :bolian:

19. Jaespol

Jaespol Captain

A cleaner of the room I was staying in while doing a year abroad at another university threw out my box of the complete season of DS9 (no proof but its the only answer) and so actually watch Voyager more than DS9 :'( , tragic I know.

20. David49

David49 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am in the middle of the 3rd season.