Name that episode, please

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by willovthemany, Jul 17, 2009.

1. willovthemany

willovthemany Cadet Newbie

Hello,

My boss' husband was an assistant film editor on the OS and has in his possession original film cells where he and other special effect folk hand stenciled effects on the film. He wants to get rid of the film and so I'm posting one of the collection on ebay. The only problem is I'm not familiar with this specific episode. The scene depicted is one where Chekov is holding a phaser and gets attacked by a large man in blue. The man then takes the phaser, knocks Chekov out, and proceeds to shoot two captured men. Notable aspects: Chekov seems to be wearing a sash of some sort and on the red door in the background is the symbol of a sword piercing a world (it appears to be Earth, as Africa and Europe are pictured).

If anyone could give me the name of this episode I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,
    Willov

2. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I'm not sure, my best guess would be Mirror, Mirror. The symbol you described sounds like the symbol of the Terran Empire.

3. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely Mirror, Mirror. In this scene, Chekov, accompanied by three of his henchmen, one dressed in blue, has pulled a phaser on Kirk and is about to kill him. Then the one in blue turns on Chekov and attacks him in order to curry favor with Kirk. Kirk rewards him with a punch to the face that knocks him unconscious.

From a transcript of the episode:
    EDIT: Video of the scene is at about the 13:50 mark here.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

See images from that scene here.

5. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral