The Series Finale. .I'm calling it now..

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Gingerbread Demon, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I'm calling it now Missy & The Daleks have the Doctor....

And there's a patterm with the episode titles

Death In Heaven
    Heaven Sent
    Hell Bent

With a series gap between the last two to set this finale up. But like typical Who it will all be wrapped up in time for a zany Christmas special with no reprecussions.

That much I don't like, how they have these amazing huge world changing events then whitewash it over in the next series. Such as the events of Death In Heaven et al..

2. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, but the official synopsis mentions that the Doctor returns to Gallifrey. So, I am thinking it is the Time Lords that capture the Doctor because they don't want his confessional dial to reveal their darkest secret (presumably something to do with the Hybrid). That would explain why whoever made the deal with Ashildr to get the Doctor in Face the Raven, also wanted his confession dial. But I do think Missy will be involved.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I agree Missy yes, Daleks no.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I find myself not caring anymore - I've really lost interest this year, which is odd, as apart from Maisie Williams being unexpectedly bad, this has been a pretty good season.

I think I may have Who fatigue...

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Missy will almost certainly be there. But no Daleks, their contractual obligation for the year has been done.

6. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My simple guess is that the confession dial is empty - though that doesn't stop the Time Lords worrying about what might be in it.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most likely scenario, IMO. At the very least, whatever is on the dial isn't the Doctor's ultimate secret that it's been built up as.

8. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure that it'll be empty. I suspect that it'll have something in it. How dumb would it be to build it up only to show that is completely empty. However, I suspect that it's not some revelatory piece of information about the Doctor either.

I'd guess that it contains something that is related to whoever is opening it and some plot point. If it's a baddie, opening it releases something harmful to the baddie. If it's a good character, it'll release something that helps them solve a problem.

But, who knows!

Mr Awe

9. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Given Moffat's MO, almost certainly.

This has been such a disappointing season. Aside from Davros, I've found nothing enjoyable.

10. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Is this all the culmination of the "very clever idea" Missy said she had at the end of The Witch's Familiar?

11. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I don't know, but I'm kind of hoping Michelle Gomez' appearance in Gotham will be upgraded to series regular keeping her from doing any more Who...

12. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

We've been burned before. I have no hope for finding out what's on the dial.

13. Gingerbread Demon

That would imply she knew about Ashildr and had see the Doctor making her immortal in some time hopping. Clever if that's true..

14. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Timelords.

15. Gingerbread Demon

I am open to that possibility.

Though I think if indeed Missy is involved she must have peeked into the future a bit if she's the one Ashildr made a deal with, because at the start of the series we don't know if she has met her already or not.