Star Wars Episode VII or Guardians of the Galaxy: choose *one*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Nov 25, 2013.

?

Thread title question. GO.

Poll closed Nov 30, 2013.
  1. Star Wars - Episode VII

32 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Choose, I cannot. A coin, please you flip.

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

(Not a terribly substantial thread here, I'll admit; I'm mostly curious to see the poll results. :p)

Zounds! A sinister warlock has put a curse upon you: you may see either Star Wars - Episode VII, or Guardians of the Galaxy, but not both, or you will shortly thereafter perish - and you must make your selection now, in the poll above. Careful: do not choose... poorly. :devil:

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I take it if I see Star Wars VII, I can then watch Star Wars VIII and IX as well?

I'm pretty sure Guardians will be a better movie, but I think the desire for completeness would cause me to go see Star Wars instead (provided I can watch the remaining two as well). I'll probably make my choice for reasons other than "best movie."

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, some evil pollster from the Dark Side is making me buy one ticket now? If There Can Be Only One, then the choice is a no-brainer, with no hesitation even for a microsecond.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen a Marvel movie since I made the mistake of seeing The Avengers in 2012. I've seen every movie Abrams has directed since he started helming blockbusters in 2006. Unless the reviews are bad, I think I'll stick with the trend.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm embarrassed to say I actually had to Google Guardians of the Galaxy. Suffice it to say, my choice is an easy one.

6. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah.. Same here... I have no frame of reference for Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm sure I'll see it, but there is just no way I'm picking it over Star Wars.

7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe and my favourite Doctor Who companion is the gorgeous Karen Gillan, so it may be something of a surprise that I couldn't give a single solitary stuff about Guardians of the Galaxy.

Star Wars for me. I predict GotG will be Marvels first flop...

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I dont know anything about GotG myself, but have since learned that it includes a talking racoon. how can this ever be a flop??? ;)

`That said, if I had to choose, it would be Star Wars I guess.. In the hope that GotG is not to intertwined with the rest of the cinematic marvel universe.

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Given the post-credit scenes in Thor, my guess is that Guardians of the Galaxy might be the essential movie to tie the entire universe together going all the way to Avengers 3. But if I'm going to die, I can always read about it on wikipedia ;)

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Guardians of the Galaxy for me. I read the Star Wars novels post Episode 6 and I have a strange feeling Abrams is going to smother it with lens flare and explosions. Plus, I'm enjoying the Marvel cinematic universe. If that movie works, there's no end to what Disney can do with Marvel.

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't think the poll options are quite lopsided enough. Why not have a poll asking if you'd rather get leprosy or win a million dollars tax-free instead?

If the poll options were "Would you rather watch Guardians of the Galaxy or stare at a blank screen for two hours?", I might choose the blank screen. Or, to keep it relevant: "Would you rather get rabies from an anthropomorphic raccoon and be anal probed by a tree alien, or have the power of the Force?"

Anyway, as you might have surmised, I chose Star Wars Ep VII without a moment's hesitation.

I didn't even know what GotG was before the movie was announced, and the more I found out about it, the less interested I was, even though it's space opera like SW. This will probably be the only Marvel movie in the recent lineup that I'll wait to see on blu-ray, unless people I trust say it was great after seeing it in theaters.

12. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Because it includes a talking racoon... ;)

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^With big guns and a short temper.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Eh..... Guardians.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I like both franchises and I want to see both of them. That said, Star wars as a franchise would usually win, but I have to go with the movie being made without that a-hole JJ Abrams, so its GotG for me if I had to pick one.

16. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Let the HATE follow through you.

17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Add me to the group who said WTF is Guardians of the Galaxy when this was announced. I thought they were those little Blue guys who gave Green Lanterns their rings.

As opposed to Episode VII, which I have wanted to see since I saw Return of the Jedi in a theatre when I was 5 years old.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Which one of them is gonna have Harrison Ford in it again?

19. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really looking forward to GOTG. Rocket Racoon should be great, and Chris Pratt just might turn into a big name in Hollywood thanks to roles like this.

But come on. I'd take Star Wars Episode VII over 10 other movies put together!

20. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Guardians comes out first. :nyah: Besides, I want to se that raccoon shoot people.