North West?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dorian Thompson, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Oh gag. :ack:

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The question is what nickname will other kids come up with?

Now I'm not a parent but should I ever have children I wouldn't want to saddle them with some bizzare name. I feel sorry for the poor kids who have to live with these names because their parents thought it would be cool. What happened to names like Anna, James, Susan, William etc...

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's at times like this that the thought of requiring a license to procreate doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Unfortunately, the Kardies would probably find a way to acquire one. :sigh:

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed... I'm all for the American dream and the concept that anyone can make it in this nation... but people like them make me briefly get why some poor people would want to pick up a gun and go after the rich.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

On the bright side if this one spazzes out, and decides to spell her name with a symbol, it's not going to be completely banana pants incomprehensible.

6. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I imagine the "gimmick" appeal of the name will get old quick for the little girl and apparently she has no middle name. I always favored classic vintage names for girls and those names are making a comeback--Beatrice Elizabeth was my favorite, but names like Cordelia, Winnifred, (Winnie or Freddie), Nora, Vivian, or Margaret (Meg) were also favorites of mine.

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Actually, it may not be that tough on celebrities' kids to have weird names, since they probably go to private school with other celebrities' kids who also have weird names.

Oh, and did I mention upthread that the Kardashians are famous for being famous? One could also say they're today's version of the Gabor sisters -- only without the talent. :rolleyes:

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Their stepdaddy won a gold medal.

It's a good start.

9. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

As someone with an unusual name that lends itself easily to nicknames, it's honestly not that bad. I remember not liking it briefly when I was *really* young, and I've loved it since then. People remember my name easily and it was nice not being one of three Jennifers or something in class. My parents didn't give me a middle name either and while I've gotten plenty of comments on that, it's not something that's gotten old or I've ever been unhappy about.

Everyone's experiences are different, but it's not an impossible name to adjust to considering she'll grow up in a different social circle anyway.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

My name is John. :(

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have to hand it to them, they managed to squeeze another headline and minute of fame out of it. I feel foolish that some part of my brain is storing the information.

12. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

And your given name and surname are the same as those of an actor -- who is dead. :p

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Add me to that one as well. :ack:

They're reality tv people... not American Royalty.

14. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

The less airtime given to these people, they less oxygen of publicity they have.

One day we'll all wake up to this.