The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yay! Andrea got her groove on! In more ways than one.

Find the damn girl.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man this storyline is getting really stretched out, I'm hoping there's a decent reckoning at the end of it all. I like that Dale's intrusive nature has been upped into intuitive perceptiveness over what people have been hiding. So if the farmer gets killed will he be a Herschel Walker?

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

GROAN! You die next.

The attack in the pharmacy didn't surprise me. Although in all fairness I expected one the last time they were in there, and it didn't happen.

Does no one call them "geeks" anymore?

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The football player turned MMA fighter?

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The attack in the pharmacy didn't make sense story wise. We either have to assume the zombie was there to begin with, in which case it decided not to bother with them when they had sex, or that it broke in. If it broke in, it must have used the back door as we clearly see the front entrance unmolested. Which brings up the question, was the backdoor weak? why didn't they "clear" the place before letting their guard down?

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Next week is the mid season finale already? Time flies...I expect something big happening next week with Sophia like she's zombiefied and is in the barn.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Still no Sofia? :wtf:

I'm starting to agree that it's dragging on a bit long.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Great episode except no Sophia. I have to imagine there is some RL issue at work here.

10. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I would agree that the storyline about Sofia would be dragging things down, except for the fact that life (such as it is) is going on and that the search for her is really just a subplot to further other subplots at this point. Even the diversion with Shane and Andrea last night... He didn't have a lead, he was just taking Andrea there to force her hand when it came to getting comfortable with a gun...

Unlike so many shows where a story arc just keeps going and going and going, we've got real character and story development going on in several different directions at this point.. So much to the point that I really don't mind the Sofia stuff..

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Last night's episode felt a bit better. Still obviously saving things up for the mid-season finale, but at least we had some definite movement from a character standpoint, and it didn't feel as much like stalling/filler as most of this season had. First one I'm mostly happy with since the Premiere.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

This one's easy - complacency since they didn't encounter any zombies there the first time around. I can't recall how far into the building they went, but I'd have to imagine that they should have roused the zombie the first time if it had been there, so presumably it did make its way in through the back door.

They did discuss the housing development at the beginning of the episode as being not far from the farm house where Daryl found signs of a small person and the creek where Daryl found the doll. While part of going there may have been to force Andrea's hand, it was a real possibility that Sophia had found her way there.

13. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

No. It heard or smelt them from the first time and somehow got in and couldnt get out. Makes perfect sense.

14. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahhh... I must have missed that.. Thanks!

15. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very good episode IMO. Many of the hidden lies are exposed in the group IIRC only leaving Shane's shooting of Otis a secret.

Still unresolved from my point of view is why the farm remains a zombie safe haven whereas the neighborhood that Shane and Andrea go to to look for Sophia is swarming with zombies. You'd think one of them would stumble upon the farm at this point?

As an aside, in terms of choices to see the "living dead," The Walking Dead IMO is academy award winning material in comparison to the big screen film Twilight which I hadn't followed until seeing it over the weekend. Talk about what can be best summarized is Dracula Meets Cheerleader High and a love story inserted for good measure, was extremely disappointing. I'll never get back those two hours of my life sadly.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm glad next week is the last before the mid-season break because I think I'm finally getting sick of the incessant soap opera. It's been good for character-building but the characters are pretty well built now (at least the ones the writers are investing in, the others are zombie bait) and I'm up for some good old fashioned zombie carnage!!!

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Next week is not the season finale. The show is merely going on hiatus, with the remainder of the season slated to begin airing February 12.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I corrected that. I'd hate to think it was all over for another year! :eek: I feel like the damn story hasn't even started yet, let's get it moving!

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Sigh. Poor Sofia. :(

Still, aside from that, this was another great episode. Glenn is hilarious. "He has no guile." Indeed. :rommie:

And Dale confronts Shane. And gets his life threatened for his troubles. Shane is going from pathetic loser to dangerous liability.

20. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

There just isn't a scene where Lori isn't dragging the whole damn show down. She complains about everything. Her marriage, Shane, Rick, raising a child, being pregnant. I honestly can't recall a single positive thing she's done for the group. It's like Lori only exists to nag.