Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got a weird glitch....

For my character, whenever I load things like hyposprays or powercells in his inventory slot for use during the game, they do appear in the equipent-bar in the inventoryscreen, but not in the equipmentbar on my HUD. So I can't use those items, believe me, I tried. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

You should allow it. There should be two executable files of interest, one is the launcher and the other the game client. Ideally, you should launch the launcher first as it will check for patches and give you some notices and provide some other options. When you click "Engage", it runs the GameClient.exe file to actually play the game. You can skip the launcher and go straight to the game client if you so desire. (weird things may happen if you skip a patch though...)

3. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    On the top right hand corner of your power tray, there are two tiny little buttons. One of them will pop out a little window of all your available abilities. Find the hyposprays, etc. in there and drag them into the tray.

4. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^Shortcut key is 'P' to get the power list up (either in space or ground).

5. Mage

Tried the above, didn't work. :(

6. Uncle Sol

Uncle Sol Commander Red Shirt

I have the same problem. I find that right clicking and dragging the item from my equipment bar of my character screen into an empty spot on my HUD equipment bar will fix it.

Or, I noticed that when it does get equipped it does not always show up in the spot you think. Expand your HUD's equipment bar to show more lines and you may find that it was equipped to a different number spot. If that's the case just drag it to where you want it to be.

7. Mage

Just figured that out, thanks!!!

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and they tried to slip in a high prize of 5 ship modules, but reduced it to 4 now.
    haven't seen a dev acknowledgment of the price reduction, though.

10. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Actually, Borticus posted the message below about 2 hours after the Ambassador blog was posted.

11. Hartzilla2007

Well while the fleet works its way to a T3 shipyard I'll be grinding the necessary dilithium to get 2000 zen so I can upgrade my Ambassador.

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Why dilithium? Wouldn't it be faster to grind EC and buy the modules of the exchange?

between Tour the Universe and farming purple stuff from fleet actions and warzones that should be tons faster and is not capped.

13. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My "Biggest need of ST:O after playing a year and quitting a year, then coming back suggestion?":

Get better voice actors. (Yes yes..Denise Crosby just appeared I know)

A new storyline of eps would be nice too. How about bringing back Sisko (assuming there's no in-game ref to this already)

I also assume the game doesn't have the rights to the musical cues.

14. Hartzilla2007

I may go a head and do that. Mostly depend on what the amount of dilithium I have when its available and how much I'm saving for something becuase right now its over 100,000.

Though considering the lack of things I want in the Z-store right now I'm probably going to use my stipidend for March on a fleet module since thats a free one right there.

15. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dumb it way, WAY down for me. I'm not really sure what modules are, how to acquire them, and how to exchange them. Thanks.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

SBK, I haven't actually purchased any fleet ships but I think they have a cost that = #fleet credits + #ship modules. The modules are available from the store and exchange. If you are a subscriber, I think the monthly stipend is enough to pay for one module.

Fleet ships have an extra power that store bought ones don't. Take a look at the ships available at the fleet starbase.

Update - Thanks Jim Gamma \/ for the clarification.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  17. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^Actually, it's the other way round - the Store ships (which are normally Account Unlock) have the extra power, the Fleet ones don't. The trade-off is that Fleet ships have better hull, shields, etc.

If you've bought the Store version, then you need only spend one Fleet Ship module, plus ECs. Otherwise, it's four modules plus ECs.

18. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

This has been the worst patch ever. I've encountered so many bugs it isn't even funny anymore.

- Investigate Officer Report was removed, added and then removed on all my characters. Now it has totally gone missing.
    - Playing foundry missions now net me nothing
    - Liberated Borg Doff Store Unlock actually unlocks nothing.
    - I got a new ship for my newly promoted level 40 character and I cannot assign any boffs to the ship.

19. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^Not good, any word on fixes?

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

"Working as intended" I imagine ;)

They keep bragging about increasing their staff, but none of them ever seem to go towards the testing or QA departments. More than half this stuff would have been caught if someone had tried to actually play through the content they're screwing with in an update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.