Captain's Yacht

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by RichMerk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

Yes, it's clear I'm going to have to do some sort of Lost In Space picture... :)

2. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

"Danger, Will Riker! Danger!" ;-)

Seriously, love the renders. The wallpaper version is stunning.

3. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That does beg the question, how might the B-9 enviromental control Robot look with Next Gen' design elements?

Sincerely,

Bill

4. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

Beige. :)

5. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

Hmmmm, is B-4 TNG's version of the B-9? Naaaaahhhh. :lol:

6. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

Just one question about the U.S.S. Eternity, why is there no "garage door" like the compartment door on the dedicated launch bay beneath Galen's Legacy-Class saucer section, where the Arrow-Class / Gryphon-Class is normally stored between flights?

7. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

Well, I guess because the USS Eternity is not Legacy class. But I don't really know what you mean.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Looking at this it seems to me TNG really missed a great chance to do a time travel episode involving the Captain's Yacht as a UFO in Earth's past.

9. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

10. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

11. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That is so true, its not even funny. :sigh:

And it probably would have been a fun episode too. You know, with a crazy army general trying to blow it out of the sky, some shadowy organization trying to capture the Cousteau, and the main cast outsmarting them, much to the chagrin of the military. It sure would have made a little more sense than a Ferengi shuttle being the source of the story of Roswell!:mad: What the hell were they thinking?! Does a Ferengi look even close to the description of the beings of the crashed saucer?! No, of course it doesn't!!! And neither does the shuttle resemble a saucer!!! :brickwall: They should have introduced an alien race to better match the story!

But I'm going off on a tangent, so I'll stop before I drag things too far off topic.:D

12. Patrin-Zero

Patrin-Zero Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Maybe my age showing but I see a fair likeness between the Captain's Yacht and the Metaluna saucer from the classic SF film, This Island Earth, not to say that's a bad thing by any measure !

13. JES

No it most certainly is not. Though I think more about the real life flying saucers than the science fiction examples that they influenced. I'm hoping that the beings that build and fly them will one day reveal themselves to the public, and that I will get the opportunity to learn about the history behind them.

14. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ great, now the MIB is going to flashy-thing this thread.

15. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

^
    Flash what?

Yes, I would like a burger!

16. JES

^ Nah, apparently, they only do that if something that they consider to be a threat to them/their agenda is posted publicly, which is what happened to one UFO or paranormal site according to one of the shows on the History Channel that covers that topic. I can't remember which show it was, but it could have been UFO Files.

Besides, who here wouldn't want to know about these starships in the same way you can get a guided tour at an aircraft museum? I'm sure that anyone could figure that out, especially any super secret shadowy organizations.

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It does look like the Jupiter 2 at that. Smith hijack's Picards yacht with the Space Family Robinson on board, right as the mothership is destroyed by an Omega particle explosion and they are stuck at sublight.

18. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

[​IMG]

Rendered in Vue 6 Esprit. Almost no postwork.

I tried to make it look sort of like those old backdrops they used in The Cage and Where No Man Has Gone Before. I built those beacon things myself. They are modeled after the transport inhibitors from INS.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome art :D

20. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

That's a really fun image. I like it a lot.

Some minor bits I'm not keen on are the tight fitting uniforms (even on the woman- I KNOW! I'm NUTS- she's hot!). The high heal boots are a little silly to. (Again- I'm nuts).

Otherwise, it's really neat!