Ezri Re

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Jun 18, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm currently re-watching DS9 with my wife. We're now into the last season and I must say, Ezri is actually growing on me. A few things have surprised me about my second viewing of this series, but that is the biggest surprise of them all.

2. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, the reason I disliked her at first is just because I was mad about Jadzia, and willing to dislike anyone who was new. Rewatching it, though, I like her a lot more, especially her development and being very unsure of herself at first.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love Jadzia and Ezri. Thought Ezri was much better written than Sisko in Season 7, actually.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Ezri was a great addition to the cast. Despite only having 1 season, her personal development in that time was far greater than anything we saw in the previous seasons with Jadzia. Not saying I didn't like Jadzia - just saying that so much more was done with Ezri so the show was richer for it.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ezri was a good addition to the show. Just, in her first few episodes she wasn't that good, so the first time through people judge her badly.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I was bummed about Jadzia leaving too, but gave Ezri a chance and loved her. Her growth over a single season was excellent, without hogging the camera and scripts (something they should have kept in mind for Seven).

I loved how the crew had to adapt to a new Dax, especially Sisko taking on the mentor role with her, and that Bashir actually got to get the girl in the very end (even if technically it wasn't the same girl). Plus we got to see a counsellor at work in the midst of a massive conflict, one who didn't have convenient empathic powers to rely on.

Also Nicole de Boer was a great actress for the role, who did a lot with the character in a short space of time and all without having to rely on skin-tight cat suits to get screen time :)

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

She's barely tolerable for me. First time around I couldn't stand her, but the writing for the series is strong enough to make up for the poor casting choice there. She's cute and bubbly, but that's it as far as positives go. The actress (who may or not be fine in other things) played the character as a squeeky-whiney nervous nelly that could just drive anyone up a wall if given enough time. I think it's unfortunate that she was the only Trill available for that Dax symbiont. Every time I see her I miss Jadzia.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

10. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^Nice pic. :) It's nice that the actresses got along because there should be a sisterhood there, but I still wish Jadzia had never left.

And of course,

[​IMG]

:D

11. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I said she's growing on me. I wouldn't go that far! ;)

12. cheesepuff316

cheesepuff316 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This picture was nice to see - it's good that Terry accepted Nicole as her replacement. They look so comfortable together. :)

13. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Either that or Terry is just wanting to cop a feel :lol:

14. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

^ Oh no >_<
    Hot Dax on Dax action. Queue fanfiction.

The Trill code of rejoining won't the only thing violated tonight

15. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

It's the code of reassociation, and two past hosts of the same symbiont interacting (perhaps as part of a zhian'tara) isn't necessarily a violation of it.

--Sran

16. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the actress who played Ezri was far superior and her's was a more interesting character. more relatable than Jadzia's mary sue-ish nature