Picture the Novelverse - Characters, Ships and More !

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Relayer1, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

^A combination of human ignorance and arrogance. People don't know what Dr. Ree looks like but assume he must look something like them.

--Sran

2. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Thank You, for those links. I really enjoyed all the Titan pics as that is my favorite series.

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Markonian likes this.
  4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, Therin should like this. Pretty cool.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's cool. Definitely more interesting than the one we got. I really got my hopes up that they would include new characters on the Titan covers fairly often after Akaar on The Red King and Ree on Orion's Hounds, but ever since then they've pretty much just stuck to the TV characters. I understand it's probably a lot cheaper to just use old photos than to hire a model for a new character, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
    I wish the books were popular enough that we could get reference books that include stuff from the novels and comics like the Star Wars ones.

6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Yes, TV characters like Lavena on Over a Torrent Sea... ;)

7. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Loved that one. Aili is so cute. :luvlove:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Oh right, I completely forgot about Aili Lavena on the Over A Torrent Sea cover.

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Here's an idea that is really out there: maybe bookstores sell more copies when a character from TV is one the cover rather than a character who only appears in the books. Might be economics.

Of course it would be nice to see book covers, such as "The Eye Of The Beholder" with a TV character and a book only character.

11. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Agreed. A few of the Titan books have done this.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and most of the ones that have had new characters on them have also featured TV characters.
    My most wanted character is Vale.
    Wow, I just looked up the first SCE book, which was where she first appeared, and it came out in 2000. So she's actually been around for a longer period of time than the Enterprise characters, although she hasn't made as many appearances.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

We see Vale on the Titan bridge in that IDW Borg comic that Braga wrote, whatever it's called. She's not mentioned bu name, but I seem to recall the artist saying (or maybe just us assuming?) that it was meant to be her.

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yes, the blond woman below right is intended to be Vale. The SCE writers had suggested that Vale resembles novelist Heather Jarman.

[​IMG]
    USS Titan bridge by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Mmmm, it's cool. I hadn't been in this thread, but nickyboy sent me the FB link yesterday! That female would be Pava's first [novel] cover appearance, although, of course, we've seen her in the "Starfleet Academy" comics:

[​IMG]
    Pava by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Of course, we saw Arex and M'Ress in their new uniforms and positions in IDW's "New Frontier" mini-series comic.

[​IMG]
    Mress and Arex in New Frontier comic by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

And a cameo by Janos in WildStorm's "New Frontier oneshot:

[​IMG]
    Janos by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You mean her first novel cover appearance, I assume, since she was on 13 of the comic's 19 covers, plus the cover of DS9 #12 (the Telepathy War crossover issue) and the one-shot Telepathy War special that concluded the crossover, for 15 covers in all.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I like how this thread is developing - thanks folks !

Hint - the title includes ships too !

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Although I still have yet to read Vanguard, I have read that there is mention of a "Locknar-class ship", which (unless they describe it completely differently), I've already decided is FASA's Loknar-class Frigate, which was basically a TOS Enterprise saucer and nacelles arranged like the NX-class - and pre-dating Enterprise by 30 years. He's a slightly stylized version, from the cover of the FASA Decision at Midnight booklet:
    [​IMG]

18. The Caretaker

The Caretaker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A gallery of the Titan crew would be very welcome, especially of the non-humanoid crew. Sometimes too much time spent describing the characters gets in the way of story telling so I appreciate it's bit of a catch 22.

19. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Nice! But why isn't Riker putting his foot on one the consoles and thrusting his pelvis forward?

--Sran

HappyMcWonderful and poutashi like this.
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. I haven't read Hive (?), but I do remember seeing that image before now that you've posted it.
    I just found an artist who calls himself Damon1984 on Deviant Art, who has a whole bunch of Trek Lit stuff in his gallery.

Reaper63 likes this.