7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Grade "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS"

Poll closed Jun 6, 2013.
  1. Geronimo!

39 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. Good

46 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Average

24 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Not worth salvaging

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. This episode should have stayed in the center of the TARDIS

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

I liked the design of the salvager's ship, and, for me, that was the best part of the episode. The story was meh. And I feel that I am not progressing in my understanding of Clara. For me, the only redeeming thing about Clara is that the actress portraying her is attractive.

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People calling the TARDIS 'Sexy' is the most cringeworthy thing any human can ever do.

3. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

That's what I figured is that it had to be an "upgrade"; either something the Doctor did or the TARDIS did to herself.

Rewatching the episdode: In the reconfiguration room, with all the glowing pods, I paid more attention to the Doctor this time: There's something more to those devices than being replicators (to use a term). Watch the Doctor's face, he's hiding something.

It's fun. One of the cuter things to come out of the newer episodes.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't read through the thread yet (which I expect to be full of nitpicky complaints, as always), but I thought the ep was fantastic.

I loved the glimpse we saw of other rooms, the time twisty nature of the story, and the revelation that the burnt zombie creatures were actually themselves from the future (although why they turned into zombies instead of just, you know, dieing, I have no idea).

And it took a while, but for me this is the first time the new Clara finally came into her own as a worthy Companion. The way Coleman somehow managed to be charming, complex, mysterious, and sexy as hell all at once in this episode was just amazing to watch. And I am now officially in love. :)

5. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Remember something else that bugged me. That bit in the Engine Room about people not being able to touch each other or time.. reasserts itself? And they fast forward to zombie status?

The zombies really did feel like a contrived means of having a Monster of the Week to run away from.

6. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

... which I pointed out several pages ago. :wtf:

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I keep thinking the Zombies were either locked in timee at the moment before death and were just isane with agony. OR, the TARDIS somehow raised the dead as an army against the salvage crew.

See I would have went with them being from past or future possible failed regnerations of the Doctor.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

The Doctor simply recognized the two of them being fused together. So if they didn't touch, they wouldn't fuse.
    That would result in a paradox which he has some recent positive experience with.

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

So that'd be a "yes" for the "did anybody else notice"

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They got infected with the "Sunshine" virus.

11. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0[/yt]

12. davejames

Well it was a regular occurrence on Voyager, so I could understand the frustration there (and I shared it). But the "reset button" here didn't bother me at all.

What, so Clara learned his true name and the Doctor told her about the previous Claras that died? It's not like those issues aren't going to come up again-- and probably very soon. We might have to wait awhile longer for the "true" reveal of those things, but it's not like VOY where there was never any progress or growth in anything, ever.

And I don't have a problem with the Doctor going back and savings himself either. He's contradicted himself numerous times before, and plus it was a fairly ingenious solution.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- people just take this show WAY too seriously sometimes. It's one thing to be fans, but I don't think the show was ever meant to be dissected like the freakin Zapruder film. Lol

13. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At first I thought the time zombies might have been animated by the TARDIS herself, to push Clara and The Doctor to places she wanted them to go.

14. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That kinda makes it worse? Resetting the big scene of The Doctor confronting Clara about her nature is annoying because we'll likely have to sit through the same kinda scene again soon. It just doesn't make sense from a storytelling perspective.

No, some of us just aren't as proud of having zero standards. I really liked the episode but also took issue with the ending.

Oh, please.

15. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America

Exactly, one of the things that I always loved about Doctor Who is that it was always a fun romp of a show that never took itself too seriously. Sure, there were intelligent, serious, quality stories, but nobody--creators or fans--seemed to pay much attention to the nitty minutiae that hangs up so many other franchises.

16. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't say I'm a big fan of any story that takes place in the TARDIS, but this seemed nice enough. Wasn't entirely convinced by the salvage crew or by the lava monsters but they all seemed like the kind of half-assed ideas we've always had in Doctor Who.

17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I guess they did.

Do you laugh at your own jokes in real life or do you simply think it makes you look smart on the internet?

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

No I just think it's really fun when people play the "But what about the real fans - where is the stuff for them?" card and get hoisted by their own petard.

19. davejames

My standard is just that it be entertaining. And besides, we've had three and a half seasons of Moffat's slightly zany, nutty, fairytale style of storytelling. I would think people would be a bit more used to it by now.

And I get the hatred of reset buttons in scifi, but to me as long as the characters do enough to "earn" the reset and save themselves (which I think they did here), and as long as it's not fake character growth that never happens again (like was so often the case in VOY), then I can live with it.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Perhaps you'd show me where I referred to 'real fans' in any of my posts.