Stars Earn Stripes

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PKerr, Sep 7, 2012.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So my record everything that has ever been on TV buddy tells me about this show "Stars Earn Stripes" and he says he thinks I'll like it and I'm like umm no I can't stand those washed up "stars" pretending to do whatever "reality" shows.

He's like you like military type shows and you like Top Shot so I really think you will like this, so I'm like ok Whatever, it's my day off and I've got nothing going on, what the heck.

I'm halfway through episode 4 and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

I have to say
    I'm really surprised Terry Crews didn't do a lot better, A lot of those action stars go through those boot camp type training when doing military movies and you would think he would have some familiarity with various weapons and shoot a little better than he does/did.

I also have to say I have never EVER been one of those people who gave a $#!t who was dating who in Hollywood but I think Eve Torres (God she's frikkin' hot ) and Grady Powell would make a good couple, they seem to have some real chemistry.

Well off to finish it. :)

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't recognize any of those names. I guess "star" is used loosely. :)

3. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished it and if it returns next year I'll watch it.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I remember looking at an article about this on Salon. Is Todd Palin any good it this? He seemed boring as hell, maybe they should switch him with Jonathan Frakes and not tell anyone.

What? An existing general is in this. Come on, you got to be kidding.

Does the show focus on teaching them how to fight or there is a lot of War on Terror propaganda too?

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't this the show that got Sharon Osborne all PO'd at NBC because they fired Jack or something?

6. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

What?

7. the G-man

8. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

In fact, he kicked major ass at this. Go figure.

9. the G-man

Not sure why that would be surprising. Regardless of what one thinks of his wife's politics, he's always been recognized as something of (for lack of better term) "man's man:

• He is an American oil field production operator, commercial fisherman and champion snowmobile racer, winning the Tesoro Iron Dog race four times....as of late 2009, Palin was a community volunteer who worked in youth sports, coached hockey and basketball....