Orci remark: "Into Darkness" trailer by Christmas?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ralph, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Comments in Trek Movie,

184 - Any hints about when we might see some official marketing material for Star Trek Into Darkness?

186. boborci - September 19, 2012 184. soon! x-mas or shortly thereafter!

Oh, my God! X-mas? It is not soon. :brickwall:

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Into Darkness official marketing in x-mas!

A proper film trailer for Christmas or I'm boycotting this movie :angryrazz:

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Christmas seems like exactly the right time to start marketing.

4. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Honestly, I think he's lying. Suddenly, something appears in October, November.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now is too soon for anything that costs money, the effect will dissapate before the movie hits. They'll keep doing all the freebie stuff, starting rumors and releasing set pics, till Xmas at the soonest. Don't wanna blow the budget before it can hit the effective window closer to the release date.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh, time flies. I still don't know where the hell summer went and it's almost October now.
    We'll be fine.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There will likely be a teaser trailer on the TNG season two blu-ray, due to be released December 4th.

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Here's a link to the thread in which those comments appear.

9. AggieJohn

AggieJohn Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am surprised we have not seen a teaser they released one for the last movie WAY before the release and it was well done and seemed fairly pricey with the whole Enterprise under construction thing. Plus they have that whole website thing, it seems like they are ignoring that this time. I mean do they figure they don't need it this time or what?

10. FarStrider

FarStrider Commander Red Shirt

What you need to remember about the first teaser trailer is that it came out on January 18, 2008. . . before the movie had been moved from a Christmas opening to a May tentpole opening. And the only reason Paramount released the first trailer a year before the original premiere date was because the studio thought that it was going to have trouble reintroducing TOS characters to gen Y which hadn't grown up with them on TV. . . since this STID is a sequel to a blockbuster, not an introduction to a new franchise, Paramount is not going to change the traditional way they do blockbuster trailers. . .1st trailer 6 months before the movie, a recut trailer during the Superbowl, 2nd trailer 3 months out (March), and then a ramp up of TV spots (there were something like 14-16 different TV spots for the first Star Trek from March to May). . . you also should remember that movie studios are conservative, they go with what works for them. . and considering that the first movie made more money than any other Star Trek movie, I don't believe they are going to change their advertising strategy.

~FS

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  11. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

star trek into darkness trailer coming out in x-mas

According to trek web Orci recently stated that the first star trek trailer will be comming out around x-mas. When I read this I got very depressed because I thought it was comming out this fall. What are your thoughts?

12. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: star trek into darkness trailer coming out in x-mas

I wonder if this will be a full trailer, or something like the teaser we got for the previous movie, where the workers were crawling around the exterior of the Enterprise.

I was surprised that they didn't do something at Comic-Con this year, even if it was just a panel and new posters. By the time CC comes around next year, the movie will already be out, so they've missed a major advertising possibility.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Merging this with the other thread on same topic - everyone hold onto your drinks... it'll only take a moment.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling the main Star Trek trailer will come out on February 6th, Super Bowl Sunday. This will probably only be a scant teaser.

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

If the trailer comes out during Christmas season, then that's when it comes out. I'm not bothered by that.

16. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Christmas works for me. Five months in advance may even be too soon before the release.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

When you get to October Christmas is like 5 minutes away. Or so it seems.

YAY!!!

18. drumvan

drumvan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

christmas seems about right. i highly doubt team j.j. would miss that holiday target. looking forward to it!

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Last time he said something was ready by Christmas, it was ready by March, and then still not quite.

20. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Yet another reason I hate this title. STID. Too darned close to "STD". Ugh. :eek: