Pine and Quinto in Kiwiland

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by indranee, Apr 12, 2009.

1. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sure if this was posted anywhere (if so, mods, please feel free to close this thread).

I thought it was a pretty interesting interview and the chemistry between the two guys just... fascinating.

I believe a good writer can "write chemistry" but stuff like Duchovny-Anderson, or Nimoy-Shatner, or, say, even Padalecki-Ackles (to speak of a recent on-screen pairing) can't be penned or bottled.

but I am beginning to believe that lightning may have struck Trek a second time. if anything, we may have found two very cool dudes to play Kirk and Spock.

check it out:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-Star-Tr...tabid/337/articleID/99254/cat/84/Default.aspx

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'll just add links to a couple of other threads pertaining to the NZ premiere for those who may not have seen them yet:

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=88389
    http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=88274

The first includes links to at least parts of what I think is the same 3News Pine/Quinto interview, as well as another interview with John Cho and Karl Urban. The second contains links to news coverage of the showing and to interviews and pictures.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Writers can set up the situations where chemistry can emerge, but when chemistry really works, it's because of the casting.
    Individually, I've been impressed by both of them (screen presence and range), which doesn't guarantee anything but if you're seeing it, that makes me hopeful.

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Actually they looked better together this time, less awkward. Pine the brash talker using his hands, Quinto the subdued intellectual type.

By design, I don't know, but it looked pretty good.

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I belive this is the ''3rd'' time lightning was has struck Trek! the ''2nd'' time was with TNG!;)

7. indranee

nah. they didn't have chemistry in TNG like K and S etc.

8. indranee

it seems to me (a fortuitous happening, perhaps) that that is the natural inclination of the two actors. I haven't seen Pine in much else, but Quinto (in other interviews) strikes me as being exactly the way he was in this one.

Temis, we shall see, but I've got my fingers crossed. the future of the franchise depends upon the chemistry between these two.

9. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched Bottleshock with Chris Pine in it. It isn't a great movie, but Pine's not bad in it. He plays a hippie in the 70's Napa valley, which is very different than Kirk