Inhumans and the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and beyond)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then how do you explain this?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Puppy_(Earth-616)

Hmmm?

The page in question...

[​IMG]

The official website can suck it. Marvel's official website is not canon and more so seeding conjecture as fact is only going to trick future writers into believing bosh. below is a lengthy fair and balanced argument, taking into account both sides and a lot more additional facts from canon, and really decides in the end that the call is too close to make.

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/lockjaw_talks.html

The Inhumans keep slaves (Alpha Primatives) why wouldn't they want super powered beast of burden to support their infrastructure and economy?

2. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree that mutant and inhuman origins are lazy and uninteresting but I can see how they would appeal to the budget conscious producers of superhero movies. Slapping either label on a character just diminishes any creativity involved when developing said character.

As for the Inhumans being an exclusive sect of people, that's all changing in the current Marvel comics continuity. The Pandora's Box of Terrigenesis was unleashed via a bomb in the back half of the Infinity event last year. Since then, everyday people across the globe are experiencing Terrigenesis and developing superpowers. Inhumans are now becoming as numerous as mutants in the comic universe.

Personally, I feel it subtracts from the core Inhumans uniqueness and leaves the Marvel universe way too superhuman heavy. It may lead to interesting stories and possibilities but I'm still unconvinced.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, that seems to defeat the point somewhat. I suppose it's different than mutants in the sense that it isn't naturally developed, but it still feels a little close. I wonder if it's a permanent thing, though, or just for a specific storyline that will eventually be resolved.

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Resolved in Avengers 3 maybe?

5. Guy Gardener

Being Genetically Inhuman can't make you automatically a citizen of Attilan, since A, there seems to be several not completely politically disconnected Inhuman colonies on Earth, and B, that Attilan was recently fragged. And even if it did give you citizenship, it doesn't give you currency or property, to make an inhuman life plausible. What's happening is the other way around. Now because of Global terrigenesis, those that were raised Inhuman can seemlessly intergrate with the other millions of NuInhumans, while reclaiming the Earth.

Besides, Hickman's Fantastic Four supported Claremont's claim (in an 80s annual.) that the Kree (And Skrulls, but never mind about them.) were genetically at a dead end and had finished evolving... The plan was to create diverse alien mutated stock across the Universe who the Kree could interbreed with... Here's the problem... The Kree are extremely racist and xenophobic, there is no way that any Kree would willing play hide the bone with alien scum with out it being a sick fetish, a joke or a dare. So what's the point in making a life raft, these dumb mother####ers would rather drown beside, than climb aboard to safety in?

Th Kree invented thousands of Inhuman colonies across the universe, but what's the point if they're all, alien men and alien women alike, are unfuckable by Kree standards?

Three possibilities.

1. Hybridization through mass artificial insemination programs to force evolution, similar to how Krypton worked in Man of Steel. Only factory babies are allowed, and all factory babies are laced with enhanced inhuman DNA and dominant traits.

2. Compulsion. Either inhumans are irresistible to the Kree because of how they were engineered, that they are producing hormones or a scent powerful enough to overcome their racism, or there's a suggestibility aura, or the Kree them selves over generations have been modified to prepare to desire inhumans no matter how fucked up they look, which could have even been subliminal programming and drugs in the food supply waiting for trigger for the last 20 thousand years.

3. Massrape. Swagger in, build camps the size of European countries, lots of sex at gun point, and don't leave until you have 10 million super powered babies that look Kree, no matter how many unkree little ####ups you have to throw into a furnace.

PS

The Supreme Intelligence abandoned all plans to kick start Kree evolution in this manner millenna ago, when he calculated that eventually, quickly that Inhuman Supermen would take over the Kree Space before the Empire could be saved, and in turn, more quickly, razed all the Inhuman projects that they could find the paperwork for before they ever figured out that they were all just a race of sex slaves. 6 Inhuman planets, including Earth fell through the cracks and avoided this ethnic cleanse.

6. Alidar Jarok

It's a comicbook storyline, not a movie storyline.

BTW, I looked up Kevin Feige's quote:

Link

From this it's clear he wants to preserve what makes the Inhumans distinct from the X-Men and won't just use them as mutant clones. But I could see a storyline where people start getting powers courtesy of the Inhumans and the social upheaval this causes. I don't think it's the same social unrest of mutants who walk among us and have been analogous to a repressed social class.

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I know, I was saying that might be Avengers 3's plot or side story, in response to an Inhumans movie. I know Tony Stark will be all about registration too.

8. Alidar Jarok

Isn't Avengers 3 about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet?

9. Guy Gardener

So, I'm predicting that in the final 30 seconds of Avengers II, maybe even after the credits... Thanos snaps his fingers, and half the life in the Universe vanishes.

10. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt that, considering the several movies that will happen between Avengers 2 and 3. My guess is that the last one before Avengers 3 will be GotG 2, and that will happen in that.

11. Guy Gardener

Are you really suggesting that it is going to take several movies for the Elders of the Universe to acquire and lose the Infinity Gems to the Mad Titan?

Do you think the Mad Titan and the mad Thinker would get along?

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

More importantly, would either of them get along with Madcap?

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Basically what I was saying was the Inhumans are something the MCU has to deal with.

14. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm expecting that we'll continue to get build-up to Thanos and the Infinity Gems in the post-credit scenes. Then GotG2 will will feature Thanos acquiring the gems/gauntlet and it will all finish up in Avengers 3.

15. Alidar Jarok

I think it would be dealt with in a movie about the Inhumans. Whether or not there will be such a movie isn't clear just yet. It certainly seems unlikely that they would address it in Avengers 3.

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

After reading more up on the phases, I would now say it's more phase 4/5 material.

17. Alidar Jarok

They have plans beyond Phase 3? I guess it makes sense, I just hadn't heard anything mentioned about it.

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's the thing about these phases - what happens if a movie bombs?

19. Alidar Jarok

Depends on how badly. If it sinks the studio they're done, but if it's just a disappointment, they have to try and make it up the next movie. After all The Hulk wasn't the success they wanted but they moved on.

20. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Nothing much but it sounds like the next big things out of Marvel will be the Marvel Knights TV series, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther followed by the Inhumans.