Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, because I didn't like it. That's the thing with opinions, you see. My opinion that Forrest Gump is an overly sentimental, overwrought bit of glossy Hollywood twaddle is EXACTLY as valid as your opinion that Forrest Gump is a good film or that Gal Gadot is a poor casting choice for Wonder Woman. It's your repeated attempts to present your opinion as objective fact that puts people off.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just hope in the sex scene that Chris understands that it's a joke and not a typo when Clark screams "Lana" and not "Lois" during climax.

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I always say that what I post is my opinion. But, everything is opinion. Everyone thinks their opinion is right, that's nothing new. I think she's a horrible Wonder Woman, but I've never tried to say others can't like her, I just post what I think, which just happens to not be the same opinion a lot of people have.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Well maybe you shouldn't write how opinions are invalidated then.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

But how can you form an opinion when you haven't seen Gadot as Wonder Woman? We haven't even seen a trailer yet.

Seems like you have an uneducated opinion on many, many things.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

12 seconds of googling.

Existing real picture of Gal Gadot Airbrushed into seeming to appear to be Wonder Woman.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Loos like Wonder Woman to me. :shrug:

8. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Of course he doesn't. He does nothing all day, and had never done anything challenging during his all life.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The boots are the wrong colors. This movie is going to suxor.....

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Messa joking for effect (tryin' anyway).

Actually, the New 52 color scheme is pretty cool. I expect Gadot to look at least as good in costume as she's imagined in GG's pic.

12. Nerys Myk

Stop harshing my pedantry, man!

;)

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sold. :techman:

14. kirk55555

:lol: Wow, that is worse than I expected. I mean its not a real picture of her as WW, but she still looks like a skinny model (which, you know, she actually is) and there is nothing superhero about her. She might make a passable cosplayer I suppose, but she still looks like a stiff breeze could defeat her. The WW from that horrible pilot looked less wimpy than Gadot does, and she was a horrible WW. It took Bane to break batman's back, but I'm pretty sure a heavy backpack will break Gadot's.

Its no more invalid then people who assume she's going to be a good Wonder Woman with no evidence.

I got to laugh at "uneducated opinion". We're arguing about whether or not she'd be a good WW. That's not really something you can get "educated" in. I don't care how much she exercises, she won't be Wonder Woman. Exercise isn't some magic transformation. But, again, thinking it over, she's the WW this movie deserves, an extremely mediocre choice for an almost certainly medicore movie. They will just hopefully pull an Ed norton and get a better actress if they do a JL movie, at least if they do the JL movie without Goyer. If he does write it, they might as well use Gadot again. No use subjecting a good choice for WW to having to try to act in a Goyer DC movie.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You believe in the "big boned" myth, don't you? Where do you think all these bulked up weight lifters come from? Do you think they're born that way?

Here's a hint: exercise is a "magic" transformation. You should really try it or at least look at a few before and after pics.

16. kirk55555

Some people obviously can bulk up. I'm just saying that Gadot can't get to the right size. Even if they care enough to try, she's always going to look like a model cosplaying as WW (assuming she even gets a costume). She just doesn't look like a superhero, period. Its not just a muscular thing. I know its been said, but again, look at the woman who played Sif in thor. She's not super muscular (and super muscular isn't WW anyway) but she wouldn't need much in the way of training to be WW. Gadot is a model. She's super skinny, and very wimpy looking. They're not going to train that out of her, and I don't think she could do it anyway.

There are also other questions about Gadot, mostly about whether she has any acting ability. The character she played in Ff was basically the exact opposite of who WW should be, but even if Goyer is smart enough to write a good WW (which is only slightly more likely than my family dog growing wings and flying), I won't bet that Gadot has the ability to act the character. Then again, Cavil can't play Superman and Bale couldn't play Batman, so she's in good company.

From my perspective, Gadot is a very, very bad choice for the role, and she'll probably end up being one of the most miscast DC heroes in live action. Again, it doesn't really matter because its a Goyer movie and even an appropriate choice would almost certainly not be able to salvage the character, but it would have been nice for DC to try to get a good choice, and not hire a glorified extra from the F&F movies because she's attractive and cheap enough to offset Affleck's most likely huge paycheck. If nothing else, maybe she'll add some hilarity to the movie. Cavil is the boring, angsty guy. Affleck and his version of Batman is an unknown quality, and Gadot will be the one to laugh at as the model who is pretending to be Wonder Woman.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Me too, looks good and I'm glad to have been proven wrong :)

18. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I know this is the standard for female beauty today, but to me she looks like a twenty something little twig with no musculature at all. She doesn't even look athletic like a swimmer or gymnist. You can argue super strength, but it still looks hard to credit that she just isn't broken over someone's knee. I've seen women cops look more fit than her.

Hopefully Gadot will look better in the actual film.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That's what a personal trainer is for.

20. Nerys Myk

She served in the military and could probably break you over her knee. :p