Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

That's weird because I thought Rihanna might make a good choice for Janet Van Dyne. Mostly because of the celebutante socializing.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really?

I see Rihanna as someone who works for a living.

It's not like she's a Hilton.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

For those who may not have gotten a chance to see the Ant-Man test reel when it was last leaked on line a few weeks back before being yanked within 24hrs, here are a few screengrabs I ran across elsewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Feige gave an update on what will have to be tweaked on Ant-Man, mainly weaving it more into the MCU as it's been on the table so long things have developed around the script that's been in place now for a few years.

Now that Cap2 is filming and GotG has about locked down it's main cast(Zoe Saldana confirmed for Gamora now) attention is indeed shifting towards Ant-Man.

Equally interesting was the one line at the bottom: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios. I'll await further details, can Sony just surrender the property back? Need additional sources to confirm personally despite this being allegedly said by Feige.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That suit looks pretty good.

5. Captain Nebula

How about Alyssa Milano for the Wasp?

Although she may be too old now.

[​IMG]

6. Guy Gardener

Alyssa turns 41 in December.

Girl could pass for 25 easy.

Although every one (Who was a (mature) character in the 1960s) in the Avengers (comics) these days are in their early 30s.

Seriously though... In the beginning Janet passed herself off as such an airhead that it's a wonder how Hank saw her as a worthwhile companion, beyond beautiful and rich. Seriously, she bankrolled all his science shit. Hank is a Sciencewhore. He could have sued for sexual discrimination at any point considering how over the line this woman's lecherousness got.

Lecherous is when an ugly person flirts.

Flirting is when a hot person is lecherous.

You know what you've done.

7. Captain Nebula

:drool:

I thought her father bankrolled his experiments.

8. Guy Gardener

At the very, very, very beginning?

It's certainly probably a fact.

I have no recollection of her father whatsoever.

Now however, I'm assuming he's some William Randall Hurst type who broke Henry Pym's spine over his knee when he discovered that this milksop dick had been preforming medical experiments on his princess.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Her dad dies in first issue she appears in. Pym gives her superpowers to avenge her father's death. Her father was also a scientist.

10. Guy Gardener

(Thank you sir.)

Unless they patent something ridiculously useful, scientists are usually on a production line or working out of science kennels, so either dad had money or married money... So if Mom was the money who married a scientist, I can only her sextalk with coming of age Janet: "Find a scientist, the bigger the brain the better, trust me, later it really counts between the sheets."

But if Hank Pym invented Pym Particles (The Man in the Ant Hill, seemed to be the work off an independent?) then surely Van Dyne Industries owns Pym particles... And probably Ultron too.

Of course, he could have got them back in the divorce?

(Did Hank and Janet Get divorced, or did some Skrull and Janet get a Divorce?)

11. Captain Nebula

Taylor Cole for Wasp? She'd definitely look good in the part.

[​IMG]

12. Nerys Myk

No idea who she is, but she looks the part. ( as long as she has that hairstyle)

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I won't accept anyone that isn't Kate Micucci

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Nerys Myk

I will never mock anime eyes as unrealistic again.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I kinda love this idea.

16. Guy Gardener

Can you imagine the folk song half way through about how the Avengers are going to save the world from Loki?

Would the Pym particles shrink her ukulele, or would he have to have an especially small one made?

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yes I can, and it's awesome.

Honestly, that would make a fantastic post-credits sequence. The whole cast gathered around Kate singing a song about the Avengers. I think I need this to happen now.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like Ant-Man and Marvel Studios have a decision on their hands. While the Marvel brand has become a juggernaught itself as far as most other studios scheduling films opposite they just got reminded they aren't THE Big Dog.

Sony just lined up James Bond 24 to open the same day, 11/6/15.

The October schedule is still fluid and December could work, giving Bond enough breathing room for about 2 weekends.
    I thought it bold when 50 Shades of Grey was scheduled as counter programming to GotG. Ant-Man would lose audience to Bond, too much crossover and Bond is one franchise with more clout and muscle than Marvel still. Star Wars being another.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Hmmm...often-joked-about superhero who couldn't hold a title for more than a few years in his native medium vs. the longest-running series in movie history. Ant, meet dress shoe with hidden heel compartment....

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think Marvel sees Ant-Man as one of its tentpole flicks. Bond would be unfortunate competition though as I could see it having a lot of crossover appeal as mentioned that could pull away the potential audience.