Yahtzee Nails It

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

LINK

Fans of Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation reviews have very likely seen this already. If not, here it is.

He pretty much nails it pretty good. Pretty much saying this ended up not being the awesome, ground-breaking, ultimate-God game we were pretty much all promised or at least suggested that we'd be getting.

2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Jeez. Not only do we have to click the thread to know what you're talking about, we have to click the link to know what game he's reviewing. :p

For everyone else: Zero Punctuation Reviews Spore.

Anyway, I haven't played it, but it was an entertaining review, like always.

3. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

To Trekker's credit, everyone who knows about Zero Punctuation will instantly recognize Yahtzee's name.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

And I guess the people who don't will have to click a few times before they find out the topic.

I don't want to derail the thread, but this is the kind of thing that leads to someone creating a duplicate thread in a week, then gets a link to this one thrown snottily at them, even though a search for "Spore" doesn't pull it up. :p

To people who play Yahtzee: Tough shit, assholes. Start your own thread. ;)

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

To Spiff's credit, he's right on all counts, and I had no idea what the thread was about until I got in here.

A topic description should ... you know... describe. This one didn't.

I thought it might be about the old E.S. Lowe dice game, but no -- I didn't know the secret code!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  6. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know the code, either. I was all set to read about some new and intriguing thing about the dice game-LOL!

7. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Avid Yahtzee fan here, so i got the thread title - but yeah, vague for most others.

But regardless -yeah, it's a great review, and I think he's right on about Spore (which I've stopped playing due to overwhelming boredom).

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Do I get a triple-word score yet?

9. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think you're doubly confused, there. That's Scrabble, not Yahtzee.

Put me down as another who thought this might be about a new version of the Yahtzee CD-ROM game.

10. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the thread title, but I was frustrated by the OP not mentioning what game was being reviewed in the link. I was about to click away from the thread when Spiff helpfully clarified that little fact.

Now I'm here posting off-topic in a thread about a game I don't care about. :D

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I love Yahtzee's reviews and watch them every wednesday...I would also suggest De Rez's stuff which is quite funny especially his Resident Evil & Team Fortress video.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

While a little less often and never focusing on new games, the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews are worth checking out if you like funny game reviews. As for Yahtzee's review of Spore, I've never played Spore, so I have no idea how accurate it is. All his reviews tend to be funny, though, so they're worth watching.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

He's pretty accurate. The game, IMHO, didn't live up to its hype and is just a lot of fluff and no substance.

AVGN is very, very funny too in an extreme vulgarity kind of way. But his site has recently became more unavigatable and less fouced, but he still produces great reviews.

But Yahtzee just has a way with language and delivery.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I did too! I'm kind of disappointed.