What Song Are You Listening to Right Now

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Angela 0077, Jun 6, 2010.

1. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

You saw them live??? How were they? I'm jealous. I love Keane... I think I might just go and play "A Bad Dream" now. ;)

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    In honor of his retirement from live performances, "I Make Faces When I Make Love" by Unknown Hinson (Stuart Baker).

3. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Words cannot convey my love for Keane, honestly.

They were amazing! Tom sang like an angel, everyone was screaming the lyrics at them, and he let us sing the Bedshaped chorus alone. He was all "wow you know all the lines". So cute! I was standing right in front of him and squeeing. I thought I was going to die when they played Crystal Ball and Queen's Under Pressure. I even said to my sister: "Yep, the world can end now. I'm so full of endorphines, I wouldn't even notice."

Among other songs, they played A Bad Dream, Hamburg Song (during which Tim just stared at Tom the way he always does), Bedshaped, Disconnected, Sovereign Light Café, Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know. They even played She Has No Time ....OMGITWASSOFUCKINGAWESOME!!!!! *ahem*

Sorry. Fangirl moment, here.

Anyway, I was surprised how many men were there, squeeing every time Tom said something.

Tim rocked it out at the piano (I love that sort of orgastic face he makes when he gets lost in the music), and pictures do not do Tom's overwhelming cuteness justice. I love that guy so much. :adore:

If you get the chance, check them out, because seriously, they are even better live than on their records. Absolute perfection.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. JayOwl

^I love pretty much every single one of those songs... especially Bedshaped, A Bad Dream, She Has No Time... did they play "We Might As Well Be Strangers"??? :D
    This is how much Keane I've listened to: http://www.last.fm/user/Jayko8472/library/music/Keane

Pretty obsessed. The problem is, they're touring the UK about now, and I've already got plans and things, it's a bit too late... next year maybe. I could go with my cousin, he's a loon too. :D

5. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Sky Sailing - "I Live Alone"

6. JayOwl

Sky Sailing - "Tennis Elbow". :D

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Fourty Six and 2 - Tool

8. cooleddie74

"Skyfall," Adele

9. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

:D Sky Sailing - "Sailboats"

10. CommanderRaytas

They did indeed play We Might As Well Be Strangers. It was sooooo great! We also got Spiralling, The Lovers Are Losing, Is It Any Wonder, Sea Fog (swoon!!!!).

She Has No Time was especially awesome, because they stopped playing that one live a million years ago, and when Tom announced it, my head almost exploded. I remember him grinning down at me and my sister, and Jesse kept casting looks in our direction, because we were inside this cluster of mad fangirls worshipping Tom. Heh. Pity they only play Snowed Under in the UK, because I'm a big fan of their b-sides, as well.

I remember how Tom announced Hamburg Song, saying "I wish I could tell you that it reminds me of great times, but actually it was a pretty horrible time in my life", and he got a really dirty look from Tim. They don't really help the rumours, neither of them. Especially not Tom. He does it on purpose, of course, as a joke and nod to the internet...but on a more serious note, I think that his drug addiction days still embarrass him to no end, so he deserves a pat on the back for singing a song written about him by his best mate about how fucked up their relationship had got.

It's totally worth it. When they played "This is the last time" and it got to the "some things never die, well I tried" bit, and Tom pointed at himself, everyone went awwwww....like I said, perfection. If you can go, go. Seriously.

Also, I am in love with your playlist. Great to meet a fellow fan here.... :D

/rabidtomchaplinfangurlcoughcough

I even used to date a guy who was sort of his clone...and from Sussex! I am so damaged in the head...

Listening to Disconnected again!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  11. JayOwl

Snowed Under is amazing. You know, I've loved "Somewhere Only We Know" for a couple of years but I only started listening to more of their songs until earlier this year. I just started listening to Strangeland, listened to it a bit in May/June and really liked it, then looked back for their earlier work. Awesome stuff. I didn't know they stopped playing "She Has No Time"... That's one of my favourites, so that's really good that they're doing it again! I think Hopes And Fears is one of the best albums out there actually... Like I say, I must see them live! As soon as the next set of tour dates are out I might just start planning.

I had no idea about that either... wow. Good to know he's out of it now though.
    Thanks! And likewise.
    Woo! I'll have to continue the trend and listen to "Captains Of The Sky" soon. ;)

For now though, "Peace Sign" - Lights.

12. PlainSimpleJoel

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8[/yt]

13. cooleddie74

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuT_g08Tzvc[/yt]

14. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

"Home on Christmas Day" - Cindi Lauper

15. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Kuja's Theme - Final Fantasy IX OST

16. YorkieDixie

YorkieDixie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Fallen Angels ~ Black Veil Brides

17. CommanderRaytas

I really got into Keane when they released SOWK, back in 2004, and I've been following their career ever since. For example, Snowed Under featured prominently in the Strangers DVD, so that's why I started listening to their b-sides a lot. It's really great to see people gaining access to their music via Strangeland; I've met a number of teenagers who fell in love with Keane because of their new album. And like Tom said, when people fall in love with Keane, it usually lasts for life. :)

She Has No Time was one of the songs they played very often during their older days, but they stopped somewhere in 2005, I think. They've picked it up again for the Strangeland tour, and it works really well. I think that Tom had some trouble with the falsetto due to the drugs.

Yeah, during the Under the Iron Sea tour, Tom lost control over his cocaine addiction. Things got so bad, he just left the others in Japan and flew back to England without telling anyone, and Tim and Richard thought he was dead or something. He then went into rehab and has been clean ever since. You can see how unhealthy he looked during that time.

This is why Hamburg Song and Broken Toy were written. They are basically Tim telling Tom how he felt about that catastrophe. Tom wrote Maybe I Can Change in response. They got over it, obviously, being best mates and all, but I guess it's not easy for Tom to keep reminding himself of how he nearly killed himself and nearly destroyed all meaningful relationships in his life.

It's why I love them so much, you see...their music is so heartfelt and honest.

Anyway, go see the boys if you can. It's worth it; even more so if you're a fan. :)

18. JayOwl

Yep, I can't imagine it fading for me anytime soon. ;)
    It so is! I will, as soon as their next UK tour is announced and I have a bit more time to plan I'll be right on it.

Fleetwood Mac - "Monday Morning" at the moment.

19. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Owl City - Good Time

Can't get enough of Adam Young lately!

20. PlainSimpleJoel

Good Morning Mr Magpie - Radiohead (live at Glastonbury 2011)