REAPER: Is Season II going to exist or what?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aquehonga, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

REAPER was, in my opinion, the best new show from last year. And the way Season I ended with that cliffhanger.

Anyone know what's the deal here? What devil is in the details at the WB keeping season II in purgatory? (Or in purgatory's shadow anyway.)

When REAPER vanished for several months last season & it seemed like it wasn't coming back I almost went to that FOX show with the immortal cop, but then, voila REAPER returned from what seemed like the dead.

Fellow Reaperites (??), what do you know or think?

2. CheapTrick

CheapTrick Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ask and ye shall recieve:
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Reaper-Returning-March-1000487.aspx

Reaper has finally reaped some real estate on the CW's schedule.

The demon bounty-hunting dramedy's second season will premiere Tuesday, March 17. And here's some more good news to those who wait — all 13 episodes will unspool in an uninterrupted run in the 9 pm/ET slot following 90210.

Privileged currently occupies the post-9-0 spot, but it will have concluded its 18-episode season by Reaper's targeted comeback date.

From the current print version of TV Guide:
    "After barely dodging live burial, Devil’s plaything Sam (Bret Harrison) returns to battle more escaped souls and finally, according to executive producer Michele Fazekas, his life’s big question: “What if I really am the son of the Devil [Ray Wise]?” Complicating matters is morally bankrupt Morgan (guest star Armie Hammer), the Devil’s bona fide son who’s jealous of Sam’s attention from his fiery papa. As for the truth about Sam’s origins, Fazekas promises, “We’ll have an answer by the end of the season."

And here's another site if you haven't seen it before:
    http://www.reapersite.com/

I love the show and can't wait for it to return. Ray Wise rocks!:devil:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  3. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've caught bits & pieces of the first season and really like this show. Light-hearted & funny and the guy who plays the Devil is great.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Wo-hoo! I can't wait! Last season really built it's storyline up well. Ray Wise is so fantastically evil. :devil:

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It won't be getting a third season... Stupid CW.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Really? That sucks. :(

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would be surprised if the CW has made the S3 plans yet. They'd want to wait and see what the ratings are like versus the ratings of existing shows, and also see what they have in development. It's far too early yet to know any of that.

Of course that assumes the CW is still around to air anything...

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not official, but bumping it to midseason, and it doesn't at all fit into the demo they want, the show is DOA.

And The CW isn't going anywhere... until at least 2010. :lol:

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

March?! That is a long wait...May to March! Almost a year! Oh well I'm looking forward to it. Became a fan about midway through season one and want the DVD for Christmas.

10. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Thanks for all the information everyody.