New Trek ship game idea.

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by siskostemper, Nov 29, 2008.

1. siskostemper

siskostemper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello everyone. The idea I have is based off of the new Endwar game from Tom Clancy.

Make the game with a voice control opiton. We have all wanted to yell "Red alert" or "Take evasive action" while playing bridge commander or starfleet command.

I think the tech is there now with bluetooth to pull this off. What do you guys think?

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It'd be an amusing gimmick, but I think it would become bothersome right quick. Particularly since this voice command type stuff doesn't always work out quite so peachy.
    "Warp 5, engage."
    "Aye sir, activating self-destruct."
    "!"

3. The_Beef

The_Beef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I read about an RTS in PC Gamer a few months ago that's going to implement this feature. I can't remember the name at the moment, I'll have to scrounge around for the issue sometime. It would be a pretty cool idea, but I also feel like it would get old pretty quickly. Besides, I might be a little self-conscious about sitting alone in my room yelling "Red Alert!" while my roommates are wondering if I've lost my mind.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Bridge Commander did have a voice control option, but it was very sensitive and only worked every so often.

5. siskostemper

siskostemper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didnt know that and I have the game.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It wasn't as capable as what you were asking for though. It was very simple as in directives to fire phasers, fire torpedoes, stuff like that. Saying "Engage Evasive Maneuver 227" or something like that had no effect on the game. Pretty much it was just like setting your characters to the automatic choice.