STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetor Adele

Praetor Adele Commodore Commodore

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

There seem to be a good number of people registered in the KDF House Fleet, but since I began running my 2 klinks over any of my Feds I haven't seen anyone else on often, and never more than one other. Active participation in the KDF side might be a nice relief from the lack of Fed content.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

It will be a grind. But in a recent interview, dstahl said they've 1-man guilds into consideration. He basically said even a 1-man guild will be able to get a decent starbase with considerable but not impossible effort.

Of course, I have no idea what a "decent" starbase is or what "considerable" effort actually means. Hopefully it means a lower tier starbases won't require too much grinding.

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

They are downplaying the grind...

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Of course they are. On the other hand, they really aren't giving you anything to do BUT grind. Not really working on FEs, new episodes, much PVE or PVP to do, etc. Honestly, whoever thought of the DOFF system should get a big bonus. It's the perfect grind, and without it, suspect the game would have starved itself by now.

It's too easy to level, and nothing to DO once you get there but grind out stuff that doesn't really help you much anyway. The starbases will be a nice distraction for a little while. At least different scenery while you grind for a bit.

5. Praetor Adele

Just trundled through some Fleet stuff on Tribble. Looking pretty good, even if for a temporary distraction.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Do we have a fleet for the tribble server?

7. Praetor Adele

TribbleBBS, I believe. Send me a note in-game, @tomadele, and I'll invite you over.

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay thanks.

9. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll be doing that as well. I would like to see what the starbases look like.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

In light of the upcomming Seaon 6 update, which will be Fleet Starbase focused (and thus Fleet heavy), is it time we had The Talk?

While we've got a bunch of people signed up, not sure we have a ton of actual active members. Usually not more than 1-2 people online whenever I sign in, and only more if it's a special event. Not gonna sustain the starbase deal that way.

We've got an alliance with that other fleet, but I haven't interacted with them a lot. Are there a lot of them, and are they active? If it's a Yes to either of those, it may be time to discuss a merger instead of an alliance. They join us, we join them, whichever makes more sense. Other side cleans out the bank, merge the money, deposit the good stuff, and sell the rest. Should be able to get together on uniforms and whatnot, and as long as both sides are ok, Fleet ranks should be transferable, so we've still out our own guys with high ranking/access.

Between the two fleets, we might have a more active membership, and thus move the Starbase development faster. Plus more of the new features are supposed to be Fleet-oriented, might make sense to have more people around, so we can do those things.

If the fleet we've been dealing with isn't the one, maybe we should start fishing for another one. Just don't think we're active enough to accomplish much if the focus shifts to fleets, and it's gonna take a ton of work from the few active members to get anything done.

Thoughts?

11. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Problem with merging is that the other fleet throws you out if you go inactive. ;) That's totally against our ethos here, so it just wouldn't work.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Then maybe they aren't the answer, but problem remains. Maybe we should have a few people start 'dating' other fleets and see if we can find a match

13. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

If we do decide to stick with TrekBBS Armada, I'd recommend we focus ALL of our attention on the military tiers since that seems to be where the majority of the good stuff lies.

14. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

First of all, lets have a show of hands. Lets see how many of us are volunteering to build up the fleet base on a daily/weekly/casual basis.

For myself, I play on a daily basis and whatever I can spare will go towards the federation fleet base. Very likely, I won't be able to contribute much to the kdf base as I don't often play on my lone kdf character.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  15. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

I will happily contribute to the fleet starbase as I collect resources.

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

If the KDF side wants to get involved, I'd be happy to contribute. I'm not sure how active I can be this summer yet -- real life and all that.

17. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Where's the Reader's Digest version of what needs to be done for the starbase?

For now, I'll say that I'll be a casual contributor. I'll consider changing to weekly after I know more details.

18. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same here. I'll contribute when I can, but most of my playing time is on weekends, as I just don't really have much time during the week to play. I occasionally log in during the week for DOFFing, but that's about it.

19. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

So sad, I don't have permission to contribute to the fleet projects.

But I did ream out a bunch of cadets at inspection for poor posture and soiled uniforms! LOL

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Think we're kinda making my point. Not a lot of activity, and from those that are a little more active, it's mostly the 'I'll do a little when i can'. I'm not all that more active than most, doing daily DOFFing for a few min a day, then usually a few STF runs a couple nights a week.

Not saying we should be going at this hard, but it just doesn't feel like we'll get far with the current numbers and activity level.

If we can find another group to merge with (or actively start grabbing smaller fleets to join us), we can get this thing going, and our contributions will get us there. If it's just us, we don't seem like we're going to make it with a Fleet focus this season. Would prefer a merger, as I'd hate to have to go join a random group to get the benefits that an active Fleet are going to provide...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.