TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a regular in the TNG forum. I don't get to watch the afternoon episodes on Spike because I'm at work.

However, I was home in the afternoon quite a bit last week because I had a home improvement contractor over. Caught a whole lotta TNG. Definitely renewed my interest.

Welcome to the n00bs.

2. TripTuckersGirl

TripTuckersGirl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ur 15! I would have never thought that! wow! :thumbsup:

3. Starfleet Engineer

Starfleet Engineer Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched a TNG ep in a couple of years. I think I'm gonna break out some of my eps.

4. Newski

Newski Captain Captain

I remember the good ol' days watching Star Trek: The Next Generation with my dad. Earliest I can remember was "The Child" (first time it premiered). Trek was sort of a family thing. Of course, the only non TNG Trek we saw was on New Year's day, when they would have marathons.

That become sort of a forgotten past time until I rented Star Trek: Generations (which, to this day, I do not understand why there is a great dislike for it.)

My favorite Episodes would have to be I Borg (after establishing the borg as this unflinching, unfeeling, brutal menace, they actually managed to humanize them), Time's Arrow (heh heh... Mark Twain), and Deja Q.

My favorite Character is Chief O'Brien, probably because he's proof that an overweight Irish dude can still end up with a cute asian girl (if I have offended anyone, get a sense of humor. I can go on a rant about Rosalind Chao. After all, I'm also a M*A*S*H fan).

5. Dtrekfan

Dtrekfan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

TNG was the first of the series that i watched while growing up. Only on rare occasions i got to see TOS and TAS. Every now and then i sit down to watch one or two eps.

6. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Welcome to the board Newski and Dtrekfan. This is a great forum.

7. TripTuckersGirl

TripTuckersGirl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

welcome all newbies! :D

8. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

:o I get that a lot.

9. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a 23 year old Star Trek fan. I became a fan in the mid-nineties when Dutch TV broadcasted new episodes of TNG.

Dr. Crusher became my favourite character. However, a couple of years later I finally saw season 2 of TNG and I immediately fell in love with Dr. Katherine Pulaski. I loved her way because she was so different from the rest. She wasn't as perfect as the others.

I love all Star Trek series and movies, but season 2 of TNG will always be the most special Star Trek moment for me...

10. Starfleet Engineer

Starfleet Engineer Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, welcome to the n00bs.

11. Daniel_Fullard

Daniel_Fullard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey, Im Daniel, 20, from here in the UK and TNG was the first Trek series I saw and when picking my favourite its always a close call between this, TOS and Voyager

Ethics is one of my favourite Trek episodes ever!

12. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm DBR.

My 30th year is approaching fast, and I have done nothing noteworthy with my life, but I think I'm still a nice guy.

Started watching TNG late at nights in about 1991. It quickly blew out of proportion, and I was a full blow nerd in no time at all.

I'm currently in a Dark Age, with no trek at all except the relaunch (TNG & DS9) books as they trickle out.

Actually back up, I also read New Frontier. So maybe not a Dark Age, per se.

DS9 began, and I didn't care for it (which was realized as a mistake by your's truely during it's 3rd season) so I sticked with catching up on TNG episodes. Voyager began, I hated it, so I sticked with DS9 and TNG reruns. Eventually went caught up on Voyager. Back to TNG...

Picard, Data, LaForge and Riker were always my favourites. My favourite episode, of course, was The Inner Light. How can that not be tops on everyone's list!

I liked TNG for two reasons: The first, was because each episode was stand alone. You could catch 5 episodes each year, or 22, and you woudn't be lost either way. With later DS9 seasons and Enterprise, if you missed an episode, then you were fucked. It seems that way with all Sci Fi now. And don't get me wrong, I love story arcs.

The second reason, is that it just had the most loveable characters. Even Wesley and Troi had their moments!

I hardly never post in this forum, except for the odd captioning contest, but I scan the headlines each night. :thumbsup:

13. Daniel_Fullard

HI DRB.......Nice to have you on board!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi. My name is Jay.. I'm new to this site, but certainly not new to Trek. TNG is my favorite, but I also love Voyager, Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. I don't really care for TOS- however I love the Orignal Crew in the movies.

My favorite aspect of TNG was Picard's command style, and the character of Data (in general). My favorite episodes are ones that don't have a ton of explosions or fighting... I love episodes like "Inner Light" and "Data's Day". Really, any episode that explores the dynamics of emotions, behavior, and life in general.

I think I'm attracted towards this type of episode because I'm a psychologist, and I work in a Maximum Security Prison. I am completely fascinated by the "Human Response" and why we do the things we do.

I also like TNG (and Trek in general) because of it's progressive attitudes towards offenders and inmates. Since I work with murderers, rapists, thieves, child molesters and many other types of offenders all day long. TNG gives me hope that one day we will concentrate more on rehabilitation of offenders rather than the "lock em' up and throw away the key" policy we seem to have now.

Thanks! It's nice to be here.

15. Inkygirl

Inkygirl Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all. I'm a newbie to this forum. My favourite aspect of TNG was Picard...what a wonderfully written character!

I once wrote a fangirl song for Jean-Luc Picard which was included in TV Guide’s Collector’s Edition: FAREWELL TO STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION in 1994. My music group, Urban Tapestry, performs the songs at science fiction and filk conventions. You can hear a soundclip of the song by going to this page and listening to the last song.

My favourite TNG episode: "The Inner Light."

Debbie

16. Daniel_Fullard

Welcome Debbie! Great song!

17. Springmoon

Springmoon Cadet Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forums as well (this is my first post!!). My favorite is TNG, and Voyager. I loved the way that they took the time to explore and develop the characters over the seasons without trying to pack too much backstory into each episode. I wasn't in to TOS, but I loved the movies.

My favorite TNG episodes, even though it might seem a little obvious, were "The Best of Both Worlds."

18. JeffD8382

JeffD8382 Ensign Newbie

Don't forget Barclay showed up in First Contact (movie, not the episode) for a somewhat brief appearance with Zefram Cochrane and LaForge!

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

*cough*Introduce*cough*Yourself*cough*

And od0_ital already mentioned the movie. Wow. I checked for the hell of it...That was posted 10 months ago :eek: Check out Gold Grizzly's Character Ratings for Reg Barclay from few weeks ago if you are a fan :)

Anyway, welcome to the TrekBBS. Enjoy your visit. I've been here only six months and its fun (usually). ;) :thumbsup:

20. rubysmom

rubysmom Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, I just found this site two days ago and I am so happy to find other TNG fans. I grew up watching the original Star Trek movies and loved TNG series all through high school. I missed most of the last season, because life had me busy, but since then I think I have watched all of the episodes. I'm starting now (better late then never)to watch DS9 on Spike and I like it as well. For the past year, I've been a stay at home mom and have enjoyed watching the reruns on Spike TV and G4. Now even my twins are hooked and know the TNG theme song and no matter what they are doing, they crawl over and are mesmerized by the TV during the opening credits. If I had to list my favorite episodes it would take a while. I have to admit I understand and enjoy the show more now then in high school. My favorite characters are Picard and Data, they are wonderfully written and portrayed. I've always had a soft spot for Riker and Troi as well. :rolleyes: