24: Day 7: 2:00AM - 3:00AM. Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Apr 20, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Good

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Bad

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

i do wish 24 would do a better job controlling the spoilers. Between the "next week on 24," cast list at the beginning of the season and other info out there, I feel like most things are spoiled before I see them.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Much of this information is just a product of the industry with nothing to do with those who work on the show and more to do with the promotions people at Fox and SAG.

I do miss how twists, developmens and other things were drawn out over episodes like in the first couple seasons. Now turncoats and twists all happen in the same episode.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Finally saw it. Thought it was a pretty good episode. Still looking for Tony's motivation, though, and now that John Voight is out of the picture, the big bad(s).

4. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I still think Tony is a double or triple agent (I've lost track). All the genuinely "bad" things he's had to do to "good" people, he looks very sorry about, but it's necessary to keep his cover. I think the last three years he actually INFILTRATED all these high-up bad guys and has had to do horrible things to maintain his cover.

--Ted

5. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy crap, Jack Bauer's a grandpa!

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

After watching Jack have a seizure in front of him at the end of this episode? I don't buy it. But all remains to be seen.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I dunno, he could have left Jack to die but he got him some help.

I'm going with the double-gainer-triple-backflip-with-lemon-twist theory. I can see Tony being impulsive, getting mad at the gubmint and doing some bad things and then coming to his senses - his original backstory - but for him to be doing it all in such a calculated manner strikes me as wrong for the character.

Tony has decided that he's such damaged good that he can't rejoin society, so his final acts will be to take Jack's lone-wolf game and really go over the top with it. In the end, Tony knows his fate is prison or death (and it's clear to the audience it has to be the latter). Now that we know John Voight was merely a pawn in a larger game, it makes sense that Tony has gone off the reservation to expose the Even Bigger Fish in the pond.

I could even see this being a variant of what guys often do with guy friends - the almost unconscious game of one-upmanship. Jack shoots Ryan Chappelle? Tony is willing to take out a whole housing project of FBI agents for the greater good! Whether he admits it to himself or not, Tony is determined to finally beat Jack at his own Lone Wolf/Psycho/Self-Destructive Epic Martyr game.

Also, the Bad/Good/Bad/Good Tony theory will allow Jack to shoot Tony in the final episode (we know that's coming!) only after learning the truth and realizing that Tony is just an exaggerated version of himself. But he shoots him anyway - maybe that's the real reason why he does it? Double the angst! That's classic 24.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    He only "got Jack some help" when some FBI agents walked over. He seemed pretty ready to watch Jack die until then.

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tony knows he's Doomsday.

10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

If I'm not mistaken, Amy Price-Francis' name was actually in the opening credits of this episode. I deleted the episode, but it should be pretty easy to verify.

As for the episode itself, it was pretty unremarkable. Still not buying the Tony twist.

And dammit, I missed Agent Freckles' PSA and only saw the one with Tony at the end. :mad:

11. TGTheodore

Hmmmm .... I'd LOVE to see the reaction on this board if KIM shoots Tony to save Jack. ;)

--Ted

12. Temis the Vorta

I think we'd rather Jack shoots Kim to save Tony. Or Tony shoots Kim to save Jack.

13. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

So did I, but I suspect this is what they're talking about.

14. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm grasping at straws here, but I hope Tony does not die this season and is apprehended by a Jack Bauer unable to kill his old friend and comes back next year as the "bad guy we have to cut a deal with to get some intel on the current threat" guy and we get to see him redeem himself.

15. TGTheodore

TONY: Jack, are you sure you're cured?

JACK: Yeah.

TONY: Positively?

JACK: Yeah. Tony, what's this all about?

TONY raises his gun and blows away KIM at point blank range.

--Ted

16. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Or rather Jack shoots Kim.

17. Temis the Vorta

Jack shoots Kim to save the fans.

18. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was ir I coundn't remember the show either but it was Tracker.
    I like her. babe of the week nominee maybe?

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Right now I'm betting that whoever Hot Fake Evil Lawyer Girl works for has some sort of magic cure.

:lol: to Kim's kid being named Teri/Terry.

20. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Just maybe Tony shoots Kim and Jack eventually uses her stem cells for a cure? Then all hell would break out in revenge?!? :eek: