The Voyager Novels

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Janeway’s Girl, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Have any pre-relaunch VOY novels at all been referenced by relaunch novels?

2. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^I think Christie Golden alluded to previous books she had written in her 4 relaunch books. I know that she created a bridge officer named Lyssa Campbell (a friend of Harry's who was supposedly on VOY for the full 7 years in the DQ) in "The Murdered Sun" and Campbell showed up in all her books. She even appeared in Kirsten's Full Circle in the 2378 portion...

3. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait a minute, do Janeway and Chakotay get together in the continuing books?

4. Paris

Yup.

5. voyager1

voyager1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In the anthology I will say sort of. Isabo's Shirt is a shipper type story. It is set in the series and each short story in the anthology references the show and season it is set during. If you are a C/J shipper you will like the short story.

6. Janeway’s Girl

I am not a J/C shipper. Are they in a relationship in all the continuing books or just Distant Shores? I know I'm asking for spoilers but I would like to know, please.

7. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

No one gets together in Distant Shores, as it's set during the series. "Isabo's Shirt" is a C/J story the same way that, say, "Resolutions" is.

8. Enterprise1701

If my memory serves me correctly, they got back together after Janeway's resurrection in The Eternal Tide and are still together in Protectors. We have yet to see what happens in Acts of Contrition.

9. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

I'd say Mosaic and Pathways are worth the read as well as Golden's 2 duologies (So you know the relaunch). Then just hop into Full Circle!

10. roseake

roseake Lieutenant Red Shirt

I 100% understand that you might not want to read books with a ship you don't like in them so:

In short: Yes, because it's the same author who wrote Isabo's Shirt and she ships them.

In Full Circle is is explained how they get together.

In Eternal Tide they are together and it's pretty obvious.

In Protectors they aren't in close physical range much because of ~reasons~ but they are, and I quote, "planning on spending the rest of our lives together."
    I don't know your reasons for not shipping J/C but if it's to do with not liking Chakotay, I know there are a lot of people on here and over at Trek.fm who hated him on the show and actually quite like him now. So, idk, you could bear that in mind. :)

11. Enterpriserules

The best thing about Beyer's books is that she has taken all the potential these characters had and really made something of them. I'm actually a fan of Chakotay and Kim in her novels. She has created an amazing series out of the relaunch series.

12. Janeway’s Girl

I don't hate Chakotay. He actually seems like a very nice guy, from what I've watched so far. I just prefer J/7 despite not even having seen seasons 4-7 yet. I owe my ship-ness to Youtube videos and fanfiction. I know it's not the most popular ship but the heart ships what the heart ships.

Thank you for the spoilers roseake:)

13. Enterpriserules

Well that's ok! We all have things that are unpopular that we like, such as, I like Ezri on DS9.

14. Janeway’s Girl

Thanks:) Actually J/7 is quite popular around the net. I've come across at least 3 websites dedicated to fanfiction and fan art. I meant it doesn't seem as popular on here. I have yet to meet a fellow J/7 shipper.

15. Enterpriserules

Good thing IDIC is a star trek axiom :)

BTW I have some fun Voyager wallpapers that you might like here http://www.wallpaperup.com/members/show/5767

16. Janeway’s Girl

What's IDIC? The only Voyager wallpaper I saw was Tom and B'Elanna.

17. Enterpriserules

There are more on page two.

IDIC

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

18. Enterprise1701

IDIC - infinite diversity in infinite combinations. It's a foundation of Vulcan philosophy.

19. Paris

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

20. Janeway’s Girl

Found it! Thank you.

And thanks everyone for the definitions. Still learning...