J.J. admits keeping Khan's identity a secret was a mistake

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M.A.C.O., Dec 3, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not seeing an issue here...

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlUS5-ag_g[/yt]

Sounds totally Canon to me.

3. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

We don't know. Abrams simply isn't trusted by some... or many. They believe he lies, disembles and misdirects. Like most of us, he does what is in his own interests and justifies it in terms he knows others will accept. The knowledge of ourselves drives the cynicism toward Abrams. And who's to say that gives us the wrong impression? Or are we to believe Hollywood exists for the fans? Abrams does what Abrams wants - like anyone else - and what's so wrong with pandering, mollifying and prevarication?

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Everyone trusts Abrams. That's why he's getting so much work. Have you directed a Star Wars trilogy lately?

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

As far as we know at this point he's only doing one as opposed to a trilogy.

6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I see. So Disney must think he's an untrustworthy liar and that's why they only gave him one film to direct instead of three.:lol:

7. JWPlatt

I think you are perfectly aware that I wasn't referring to people who are making money with Abrams.

8. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I thought they were doing the Hobbit thing and shooting the 3 movies all at once and releasing them a year apart after doing the Special Effects.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

All I'm perfectly aware of is that you diss on Abrams just for the sake of dissing, and I don't take anything you say seriously, and I just enjoy replying to your inane "everyone hates Abrams" posts. :)

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, the plan is to release them every two years with a side-story released in the in-between years. Each movie in the trilogy itself will be filmed individually.

11. JWPlatt

I'm pretty sure I haven't said that. I've explained why cynics might. Besides, I don't think that generalization is any different than "Everyone trusts Abrams."

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Not me. ;) HATED Into Darkness. It was just bad writing, bad acting and recycled plot. Even if it was done in the opposite way, meaning Kirk died instead of Spock. It just felt like crap. Period. I have NO interest in seeing a third film. Let alone another one by him.

Don't envy any Star Wars fans. I hope he doesn't screw that up as well.

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Recently I've seen Mission Impossible 4 and was surprised how good it was compared to the utter crapfest that was Mission Impossible 3. So no hopes for Star Wars, but hopes for Star Trek, now that Abrams is gone.

14. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Someone made a comparison to another director saying that he was more of an indulgent director than an objective one. I think the same applies to JJ.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope Kasdan ( and Lucas if he's even still involved ) can rein him in if it turns out that his script is full of problems. Then again I have a very particular horse in this race that I don't want to see messed up.

16. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Please enlighten us as to how the new movie was 'recycled':vulcan:?

17. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Match the story to the title:

"An evil villain from another time is out for revenge."

Is it "Star Trek" (2009) or "Star Trek Into Darkness?"

:)

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

That could be used to describe hundreds of novels, poems, and films.

You've reduced things to such a basic level that you could do the same for just about anything:

"All glass is recycled thanks to eons of erosion and decay."

While true, when someone calls something "recycled glass," it's pretty clear what he is implying.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I really didn't see Khan as out for revenge though? He seemed more interested in recovering his people. At least that was my interpretation of events. YMMV.

20. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Pretty much. Khan/Harrison wanted his people to be recovered, but he also wanted revenge on Marcus and Starfleet/Earth afterward, so he staged the crash of the ship into the city.