Scott Bakula in 'The Informant'

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Joel_Kirk, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    For those Bakula (I don't know why I always almost type 'Blakula') fans, it looks like Mr. Archer himself will be portraying a character in the Steven Soderbergh-directed, Matt Damon-starring film....

[The trailer is currently on Youtube]...

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

:cool: I heard months ago he was cast opposite Damon... Can't wait to see it!

3. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

More info in [thread=97753]this thread[/thread] from a couple months back, including background on the real story that is the basis for the film.

YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9YqXNtQjqI

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It looks like Scott is one of the leading characters too! He probably gets more than a few minutes' worth of screen time since he's supposed to be some sort of FBI Agent directing the sting operation.

5. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Ensign Red Shirt

Im excited to support him by seeing the film.

6. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I thought that was Bakula in the trailers, but it was so quick I couldn't be certain.

Good stuff to hear, though.

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw a review on tv and they said Scott Bakula did a great job as the Fbi agent and that he was good in the role.

8. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went to see this last night. I loved it, and not just because Bakula was in it. It's kind of like a Coen Brothers movie, only because it has a certain storytelling "style" and you'll either like or hate it. But, yeah, hilarious and so good. Matt Damon's performance is really, really great.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Ah, damn, the movie won't be released here until November 5th. Well, I plan to see it then. The trailer looks promising.

10. cooleddie74

Even though its by Soderbergh, some advance views claim it has a Coen brothers feel to it. Which makes me all the more excited to see it.

11. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like fun! Glad to see someone from Enterprise make it on the big screen.

12. cooleddie74

^
    Well, to be fair Blalock did this shitty, unimpressive cop thriller a few years back while she was still on ENTERPRISE. But it was no good...and in fact filmed a year or two before it was finally dusted off and released to a zero audience.

13. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Here's a short interview with Scott Bakula about his role in the movie (and about other stuff, too, like what he thought of the Archer/Porthos reference in Trek XI). It's probably been posted elsewhere on the board but I thought it was fun.

14. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I caught that video earlier today. Great to see Scott back in the game, with quite a big film role and hopefully, back to being a series regular soon too. I think longish hair suits him. Maybe the locks help keep his outlook more lighthearted and youthful. The shorter it gets, the older and more serious he looks. :techman:

15. commodore64

I saw it and thought it was pretty good. I think overall the movie didn't quite deliver what I think it wanted to: a piece of absurdity that got more absurd every second.

I did, however, think Matt Damon was fun, Patton Oswald and the Smothers Brothers were good and that Scott Bakula was a lot of fun. There's a line in the movie from Matt Damon's character that says he liked Scott Bakula's -- he seemed likable like he'd want to go fishing with him. I think that's both Bakula's strength and curse.

I don't think he ever left. He's been doing various television shows (Boston Legal, New Adventures of the Old Christine, Chuck, etc.) and this movie since Enterprise ended. He seems incredibly busy to me! In fact, I can't think of a lot of actors more in the game.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  16. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Scott's family is very important to him. Any perceived down times in his career, which has not been much, is to spend time with his kids. Its a big reason he does not constantly do conventions.

Its the same with committing to star in a weekly television. I imagine he was offered lead roles in shows since Enterprise but has been selective. Beyond family time it also limits the number of side roles. Which with Scott does not merely mean TV guest shots and movie roles but theater roles as well.

I am very much looking forward to Men of a Certain Age. Beyond Scott himself, its starring and created by Ray Ramano. Also starring one of my other favorite actors Andrea Braugher.

Normally I don't follow many actors from role to role. Particularly television actors. As much as I am a fan of a certain series and characters its never the same to see those people in other roles. Scott Bakula is one of the big exceptions to this. I have enjoyed following his career since his Quantum Leap days. Probably because on that show we got to see him in so many different roles and showing his versatility week to week. So that seeing him in new roles in really not that different.

So its a great thrill to see him getting these high profile roles recently. Even cooler on a personal level because I met him at the Quantum Leap convention in March. Interesting to realize I have been a fan of his for 20 years, 2/3rds of my life! You can tell that Scott Bakula is the type of actor who just loves his job. I could easily see him as the type to still be acting in his 90s if able. Even if Hollywood had long forgotten about him, he would still be doing small plays and musicals.

17. Jbarney

Jbarney Captain Captain

Have to admit I may see it just to see Bakula.

18. cooleddie74

AND...don't forget his stage work in a play or two since 2005. He's been very busy. Just not as visible on the small or big screen as some of us would prefer.

19. commodore64

Well, I think the only thing that would make us see him more is if he was on a regular television show like Lost (both in reruns and upcoming new episodes) as well as our nightly news (pick your station). He's had a regular guest spot on about three major prime time, television shows in the past three years and landed a major film deal as supporting actor (second to the lead, a popular actor - Matt Damon). I mean -- that's a lot of him, theater or no. To me what's surprising is that he's continued to do theater ... especially given he has a family he's said he wants to spend more time with. And he's still hooked into Star Trek. And he had a Quantum Leap con. And .... When does the dude sleep?!

20. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For Scott Bakula fans he did a interview about his role in the Informant that hasa behind the scenes look during the filming of the movie and the cast joking and goofing off between takes, from the movie.It's at Entertainment tv studios you can find the info at link http://www.estv.com