Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Mysterio! :lol:

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ LOL and yeah I'd love for Mary Elizabeth Winstead to be MJ especially if it's going to be in college and Amanda Seyfreid for Gwen Stacy.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

That would kind of suck for Dylan Baker if the villain does turn out to be The Lizard as everyone has been speculating. Fans of the original trilogy wanting to see him only to possibly have someone else play him in the new trilogy. Christophe Waltz would be pretty interesting since Michael Fassbender was their previous choice and he chose to play the young Erik Lensherr.

5. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

My sentiments exactly. Unless I start seeing something that really interests me then I may well overlook the whole thing.

6. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My main hope for this film is that they capture the characters' personalities better. I mean Spider-Man is/was/and always will be a wisecracking super hero. Granted not to Deadpool levels, but still. MJ was always totally wrong, she was more Gwen than MJ and the Gwen we got was almost more MJ than MJ.

MJ needs to be spicier, more lively and frankly much sexier. She's supposed to be one of the sexiest women in the Marvel Universe. Not some kind of plain looking red head like the one we got for 3 movies.

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I have to agree. As much as I enjoyed the first three films I was never really sold on Dunst's portrayal of MJ. You could rationalize that Peter saw her as something special, but no one else did.

8. Admiral_Young

Yep is what I have always thought about Kirsten Dunst as MJ. She wasn't lively or the party girl that we knew from the comics, she was much more Gwen Stacey. I actually think that Bryce portrayed Gwen based on her Ultimates version where's she's more in your face than her 616 counterpart.

9. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bryce's was far more 616. I wouldn't say she was at all in your face. Hell I'd love to have seen more of Bryce's face! She was cute. Although she was still the model slash college student that MJ SHOULD have been.

Kristen Dunst... was just... meh. The first one she was kinda hot and had a kinda flirty element to her, at least early on in the movie. But afterwards she just got pathetic. Like when you find out that a girl you had a crush on in school, is working at Target or doing some menial job and kinda lost that fire. Sure MJ in the comics lost it here and there, but she was still a knockout and I don't know how many times Peter or someone made some comment about "the science nerd bagging the supermodel". MJ has always been basically a supermodel. Thin, leggy, tall, and feisty. But she had guts, brains and dedication going for her. I kind of like to see a merge of the 616 and the Ultimate MJ - where you get a leggy super model, but she's also a bit of a brain too. Rachel Nichols would have made an awesome MJ

10. Admiral_Young

Have to disagree about Bryce's Gwen...she didn't remind me at all of 616 Gwen. I almost thought her character was pointless not to mention used awkwardly, Eddie thinking she was interested in him when she clearly wasn't and an implication that she was a little slutty (mildly but that's the vibe I got from her portrayal). It was almost a reversal of the scene from when Ultimate Eddie tries to make an advance on Gwen in his dorm room and when she refuses we see for the first time he's not all peaches and cream. Just so many wrong things with Spider-Man 3. I've not watched it since I saw it in the theaters.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Allison Mack(Chloe Sullivan) like Smallville S1-3 would be ideal as Gwen Stacy. :)

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Depending on which way they go i'd vote for Seyfried for Gwen.

They can go for hot Gwen and nerdy MJ

[​IMG]

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah Amanda Seyfreid would be my top choice bar none to play Gwen.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yes, the fact that Fassbender was previously in the frame is interesting, as he and Waltz were both in Inglourious Basterds (incidentally, Fassbender, like Waltz is German-born, though raised in Ireland). When they were making the first Spider-man movie, the role of Green Goblin was originally offered to Nicholas Cage, then John Malkovich before Willem Dafoe. Dafoe and Malkovich had starred in Shadow of the Vampire, which was produced by Cage.

Sucks for Walsh all right. Wasn't there a rumour that Raimi wanted him to be the Lizard in his aborted Spider-man 4 but the studio didn't think that Dylan was a big enough name for the part? (Not like those international superstars Alfred Molina and Thomas Hayden Church ... :rolleyes:)

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'd be cool with Amanda Seyfried as Gwen Stacy.

Personally, I'd rather they differentiated themselves from the Raimi films and actually have Gwen be Peter's first girlfriend this time around. Introduce Mary Jane as Peter's childhood friend, but save their relationship for future films.

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I would not only feel bad for Dylan Baker but also for Christoph Waltz who would be playing his third consecutive villain in a row (second consecutive comic-book movie villain after his upcoming turn in The Green Hornet).

I guess if he accepts the role then he has no problem with typecasting and has embraced the onslaught of villain roles Inglourious Basterds has thrown his way.

17. Admiral_Young

Yeah I was thinking about this as well but as you said Jackson if he's comfortable and has embraced his inner villain then so be it and all the power to him. He's a terrific actor, it would be interesting to see him do something else though and I have a feeling that he won't be in Spider-Man but we'll see.

18. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Hell, why not just get the entire cast of Inglourious Basterds in the Spider-Man reboot? I wonder if Brad Pitt is free?

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

No more so than some actors(Cruise, Ford, Smith) are always the hero. Being seen as the baddie hasn't hurt Sean Bean or Liev Schrieber.

20. Admiral_Young

Brad Pitt will play Norman Osborn. I wonder if they plan on using the Green Goblin (not in this film but in the series) what design they will give the suit? Not that crappy armored piece of shite they used in Spider-Man. I understand why they went for that...the cloth costume would have looked ridiculous...but they could have done something different I think.