The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Volume 2 DVD

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by jefferiestubes8, Nov 16, 2009.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Volume 2 DVD released on November 17, 2009.
    ultimatedisney.com has a review up
    130/6.04 Relics
    125/5.25 The Inner Light
    118/5.18 Cause and Effect
    141/6.15 Tapestry
    http://www.ultimatedisney.com/startrektng-bestofvol2-1036.html

looks like the same review is here too:
    http://www.dvdizzy.com/startrektng-bestofvol2.html

2. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Geeks of Doom do a DVD review

‘The Best of Star Trek’ The Original Series & The Next Generation – Volume 2
    http://geeksofdoom.com/2009/11/28/d...original-series-the-next-generation-volume-2/

3. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

They really should stop putting out episodes that were already on previous compilations. I only buy collections like these instead of full seasons and I hate when I get stuck with the same episode more than once, like "Encounter at Far Point" being on the Q collection AND the Time Travel Collection.

"Cause and Effect" is already on the Time Travel Collection, "Tapestry" is already on the Q Collection, and "The Inner Light" is already on the Jean-Luc Picard Collection. "Relics" is an inspired choice, though. One of the best episodes in a very inconsistent season six. James Doohan was wonderful and that square in the episode was a very cool concept that should have been used more than once.

4. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Yep. It's utterly stupid.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're ignoring seasons 3 and 4, the best of that series was 3 and 4. ??

6. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

Whoever wrote this needs some friends and/or a life.

Taking a 'travel pack' of Star Trek The Next Generation episodes on holiday with you!? And actually considering it "handy" so that you don't need to take boxsets in your suitcase!?

Jesus Christ! :confused:

7. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rommie: Lighten up, Lazarus!

Vacation time is a prefect time to kick back and get lost in some good ol' TNG. I'm sure the poster meant going home or going to visit people or something... not in Europe or someplace fantastic.

I can't imagine them poolside in Hawaii drinking pina coladas with a portable laptop playing "The Samaritan Snare". ;)

.... oops. I can actually imagine that. :eek: "we look for things." Oh brother.

8. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

I think it's a really common thing that some of Trek's best episodes from any of the series are atypical and off-format. It hardly matters that they don't serve well as an "introductory sampler," as it's a "Best of" set, and these choices are certainly among the best.

What's with the italics in all your posts? :p

9. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I've done that... after a fashion. I always shove half a dozen dvds in the suitcase. I enjoy sitting on the terrace of an evening with a glass of wine watching a couple of episodes or something. Sometimes I put so much into my days I'm knackered by the time the evening rolls around, and once or twice on a holiday it's nice to self cater and put your feet up. :devil:

10. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

:lol: