Harry the Genius does what noone else ever considers...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sexy Human, Sep 5, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was always under the impression that Evek and the Vetar weren't drug in and it was just some other Cardassian ship. Just the conclusion I drew from the facts available. Either way, there's no canon appearance for Evek after Caretaker anyways, so it's open ended. He could be back on Cardassia, he could be aimlessly wondering the Delta Quadrant.

Unless of course you buy into the theory that the Caretaker was working with the Cardassians to secretly plot against the Federation... ;)

Moral of the story is consistency sucks! Just ask Voyager's writers.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the pilot, someone, possibly Janeway said that they had intelligence on Chakotay being lost was from the Cardassians, and considering the plasma storms in the area it's unlikely that they could have been streaming real time telemetry back to cardassia or a bouy could have made it home.

3. R. Star

Which is also inconclusive either way being Evek was stated to have sent out a distress call and Cardassia could have passed that on to Janeway.

4. Guy Gardener

And then you start to mesh in The Voyager Conspiracy and wonder if Evek was captaining that cloaked Cardassian ship that was foraging technology off the array during the final battle, when it's more likely that the cloaked ship was Romulan since they're had 20 years to prepare for that day.

5. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I am a bit surprised at the non-reaction the VOY crew had to the Caretaker making it clear he was more or less a kidnapper and (hopeful) rapist.

6. Guy Gardener

Mass and clinical artificial insemination with a rape production line in a rape factory.

He wasn't using his space penis, so it's only rape if you really wish it was rape.

Later they all just handed over their DNA to the Quicksilver lot, including Janeway who refused Q when he asked ever so nicely to do exactly the same thing.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway knew she'd be paying Q child support for the rest of her life. Child support being whatever whim he came up with.

8. Guy Gardener

Auntie Kathy the godmother got that in spades already.

besides, considering how she died, you know when she died, all about her death, it might have started off as a Borgy death but it certainly finished up Quey death when she died to death.

9. teacake

You trollin' me man, huh huh??

JANEWAY IS RISEN!

She is risen indeed.

10. Guy Gardener

Would I do that?

If kim was genius he should have changed fields.

7 years to become a doctor, sure he's smarter and there's learning drugs and sleep teaching, but there's also now thousands of specials to learn all about in depth... but Doctor's star at lieutenant Junior grade.

Meanwhile a degree in catering would have taken a less than a year, then oust the kitchenrat and he'd be a full lieutenant lickity split.

11. teacake

People are always ragging on Harry for not getting promoted, he never gets any credit for his 7 years of humble servitude. Someone has to be the ensign and unless Janeway goes on a demoting spree then there going to be no new ones made.

And really what does it matter. So she promotes him, it's not like his day to day job is going to change. It's just all dress ups to keep them happy and peppy and feeling like they are part of something bigger than the ship. Harry doesn't need those kind of rewards like Tom does, he understands the futility of an extra pip on top of the same old grind.

12. Guy Gardener

More pips means bigger quarters and more replicators rations per week.

Or did Janeway get the same amount of replicator rations as any one of the Equinox 5?

13. teacake

I can't see Janeway getting more replicator rations than the rest of the crew. There is probably a punitive restricted level of rations which the Equinox folk were on and anyone else who was bad, like Tom in 30 Days. But once you are off your punishment you are off restricted rations. Now if they got down to the wire then yes, perhaps some crew would receive greater rations, people who needed to be at the top of their game the most. Though I think they could start ripping up parts of the ship to re sequence if it came to that, useless stuff like that glass thing in Janeway's ready room. And Tom's toys.

14. Guy Gardener

It's either even or it's not.

They are after all dirty pinko commies.

Kim put in for a lot of overtime, that should have got him more rations surely?

15. teacake

But that would be money. They don't have money. They work to better themselves.

16. R. Star

As for as I know Nog had a good point when he asked, "What does that even mean?"

Which I think it is hilarious that guy was cleaning at Quark's when Voyager started and made Lieutenant before Kim. :p

17. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Kind of easy when there's a war that's thinning out the ranks...

If she promotes Kim, what's to stop her from making herself an Admiral?

18. Guy Gardener

Nothing.

And if Ransom hadn't been an asshole, one of them should have been promoted to fleet captain.

19. R. Star

Didn't she basically do that in Endgame? :p

20. Guy Gardener

Running away from a courtmartial into the past is hardly the same as self promotion.

If Janeway had stayed in the future, before too long she would have been planting seedlings in the New Zealand rain Forest while being overseen by some broad with a taser.

But technically they hadn't taken her rank yet.