Sylar gets some SERIOUS competition (Heroes' casting spoiler)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Holy fraking frak. T-Bag with superpowers! :eek:

Yknow what? Maybe they really can afford to lose Sylar now. :rommie: Of course his story still needs an appropriate finish.

2. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

Sylar couldn't hold T-Bag's jockstrap... I have a feeling that Season 4 is going to be a whole lot better than the last year and a half.

Peter: Sylar's dead!
    Claire: How?
    Peter: Tripped over a rock.

That'll do it for me. The dude so outlived his usefulness at the end of season one. But the sad truth is, the producers don't have the balls to do the show without mighty Quinto.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  3. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't doubt we'll see Sylar reassert himself eventually, but I would like a bit of a break from him at least. That there introducing a new villain to focus on is encouraging... Hopefully, this and other changes will result in an improved Heroes for next season. With Fuller back, I remain cautiously optimistic.

4. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Knepper isn't just from Prison Break:

[​IMG]

Way back in the day, I guess.

This is the sort of thing I was hoping to hear. Most Heroes watchers I know are convinced that Sylar is going to obliterate Nathan's personality within the first six episodes. I'd prefer an ongoing Jekyll-Hyde thing, so a) we aren't relying on Sylar so much, and b) Quinto can get time off for more movies.

5. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

You mean the almost Mr. Troi is going to be on Heroes? Man, I have got to get caught up with this show. :guffaw:

6. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Make sure you're on something when you do, to numb the pain after the first season. It gets bad. Really really awful.

7. Da'an

Da'an Commander Red Shirt

Oh, that T-Bag.

Say what you will, but this will always be T-Bag as far as I'm concerned.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Wow I think I just got excited about Heroes again! :p Darth Maul AND T-Bag?! Sweet.

9. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Oooh...nice catch Heroes.

10. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if this means that theyre gonna try to make Sylar more sympathetic again. I dont know why but they have been trying really hard since season 2 to make Sylar more a "root for him" protagonist then an antagonist...Now that he's fused with Nathan's memories he'll have an emotional connection to Peter, Claire, even maybe Nathan's kids. It will make it harder for him to screw around with them like he used to. The Nathan infleunce will cause him to not want to be going around killing people. Ugh. Still sucks for Pasdar & Nathan fans.

11. Temis the Vorta

Holy fraking frakety frak! :rommie: Has everyone been in Trek?
    My money's on the reverse. ;) But it won't be a done deal (and Sylar out of the picture for good) till the end of the season.

12. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah they arent getting rid of Pasdar, they would have done it by now, they already had 3 chances! Theyll try to keep both characters around. Sylar will probably win the body war but he'll either spit a Nathan copy out or the old Nathan will be revived.

13. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

I've never seen Prison Break but considering the reaction here, I suppose I'll anticipate this new actor!

14. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Is Quinto still in it? Does he appear shirtless at least once after the 3rd ep of Season 2? Then I'll be good. :D

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Good casting choice. I haven't seen much of Prison Break but I do like the guy.

Introducing a new villain is a good idea if he's an interesting one that the "good guys" (and given their behaviour I use that term loosely) need to use their powers to beat like, oh I don't know, the superheroes they supposedly are.

16. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Once, in a scene with Kristen Bell. That I can recall, it's his only shirtless scene in the series.

And I'm not commenting on the actor's orientation, but boy did he look uncomfortable being nude next to a female. That's all I'm saying.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think I read somewhere that he is actually gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

18. Temis the Vorta

No he didn't. Don't denigrate his acting skills like that. :p

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Is someone seeing something that isn't there?:rommie:

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

This is good news. My hope is that they'll play a Jekyll and Hyde thing with Nathan-Sylar for most, if not all, of the season and focus on giving the new villain time to shine. Then they can return Sylar to form next season. They have an interesting set-up going and they really shouldn't blow this too early. Give it time to develop instead.