"The Dark Knight Rises" storyline revealed?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Stone_Cold_Sisko, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This also reminds me of the recently finished Dr. Hurt arc from the current comics.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Indeed. The plots are similar.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind them doing the Black Glove story, though it's unfortunate you can't use the Joker for that.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Why are those people at AintItCool and other movie fan sites always trying to spoil it for others? Every little tidbit gets a news article. And if a script is leaked, AICN is usually the first to "review" it. And lotsa people read all that stuff, together with all the trailers and behind the scenes and featurettes and 5 minute online movie clips, and then, when the movie is released, complain how dull it was (since they already knew everything anyway). Why? Where's the fun in that?

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Or you can be a responsible movie-watcher/internet user and not get exposed to all of this stuff. I went into "The Dark Knight" mostly cold only knowing about Ledger's acclaimed performance as The Joker, I knew of no plot details because I don't follow spoilers sites or threads.

6. JarodRussell

That's what I'm doing, too. I recognized how much more I enjoy movies, compared to those who already followed every little info before the release.

7. Trekker4747

Soooooo. What's your complaint then? That some people do want to know these things and read these sites that cater to them? Don't want to be spoiled? Avoid spoilers. Some people HAVE to know these things and read spoilers as much as possible.

8. JarodRussell

I want people to share the same experience of enlightenment!

9. Don't agree with your assertion that all of the people who feast off every information morsel are the same people complaining about how it was dull.

In fact, the hardcore information scroungers tend to be the most devoted fans and love the movie the most.

10. Trekker4747

You know what they say: Wish in one hand, crap in the other...

11. Admiral_Young

I have long held the philosophy that "spoilers" only enhance my anticipation and excitement over a given project. Sure I understand that there is a certain thrill at going into a film or television episode not having a clue what happens and I respect those that share that sentimentality but I love spoilers and they only enhance my excitement level. Besides sometimes it's just fun to discuss and speculate the possibilities even if they prove to be false later.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they just come up with crazy rumors that turn out not to be so at all - like the time in 2007 that Moriarty reported that the JJ Abrams Star Trek movie might include the destruction of Vulcan.

They're silly like that.

13. Admiral_Young

Actually AICN is the second site that reported the story that I know. I first saw it weeks ago on another site. They just picked up the story.

14. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The other thing to remember is the way Nolan used Year One for the last 2 films.

There are lots of things taken from that comic and put into the films but reading that comic wouldn't help you learn the actual plot of either Begins or The Dark Knight.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Ooooh, you can think of one story they got right. 3 years ago. I take it all back. :rolleyes:

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Yawwwwwnnnnn. Really? Someone thought we wanted to see Batman square off in a psychological thriller with a bald doctor? That we want to see Batman vs the police department in yet another chase scene? To see Alfred offering sage advice on how Bruce must just endure until they realize they need him again?
    I am seriously underwhelmed by this news.

17. Admiral_Young

^What did you expect to see after "Dark Knight"? It was always going to be a different story than the overwhelming awesomeness we were treated to in "The Dark Knight". I think the change in tone is perfect. Hugo Strange is a very underrated character that will work perfectly in the Nolan world. I'm actually really looking forward to see what they do with the Batman Task Force (my own name)/Police hunt aspect.

18. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

And what makes you think this won't be fantastic? I don't recall it ever being done in a live action Batman film and when it was done twice by "Batman: The Animated Series" (in the episode "On Leather Wings" and the spin-off feature film "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm") it was awesome both times.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I remember 'Liam Neeson and Cillian who? Hardly Jack Nicholson or Jim Carrey, are they?' And then it was 'Heath Ledger as the Joker? OMG, this is going to suck!'

Have faith in Nolan, hasn't let us down yet, has he?

20. Admiral_Young

That is the bit of philosophy that I hold on to, even though when I read the story about where the plot is based on I thought this fits like a glove! There will no doubt be fans who aren't interested in this if it proves to be true but you still gotta give Nolan the benefit of the doubt. This is also my opinion on him selecting Zack Snyder. If Nolan himself wasn't confident in Zack's abilities then I doubt he would have hired him.