The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like Kira's Mom has some competition in the "fun with action figures" arena...and both the person and figure makes this SOOOO much cooler...lol

Look out Clintasha!!

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    :lol: Too sweet.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. cooleddie74

Looks like I might be able to place online orders for the international-exclusive final waves of Clone Wars and Movie Heroes figures and get a pretty satisfactory deal in the process. It's not going to be dirt cheap to get these overseas figures (there would be two separate case assortments, each containing 12 figures) but I've narrowed it down to a couple of dealers who don't charge obscene amounts for international shipping and handling.

Welcome to the modern state of collecting. Remember when all we had to do was walk into a local Walmart or Toys 'R' Us?

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me, it was walking into the local K-Mart or Woolworth's. Though the only action figures I got as a kid was the Mego 8" Spock and two of the early 70s "civilian adventure" GI Joe's, the scuba diver set with the shark and the "brass" helmeted deep sea diver with the octopus.

Sincerely,

Bill

6. cooleddie74

Hills. Kmart. Woolworth's. Rose's. It was a glorious era we'll never see again, before the Walmarts of the world planted their flag in everything that their eyes saw.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Picked up the TNG versions of Spock, McCoy and Scott today at the local comic shop.

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

Considering the cruder figure sculpting technology of the nineties I'd say Playmates did a pretty good job with all three of those characters, Scotty in particular.

He looks almost exactly like Scotty did in "Relics(TNG)." All three of those guys still hold up pretty well.

9. BillJ

I figured for five bucks a pop, I couldn't go wrong. :techman:

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm very glad that the Iron Man Legends have been getting good distribution. I would have gone crazy if I couldn't find them. Marvel Legends Wave 3 skipped my area completely. I only ever got that Iron Man because I went online for it. Have you been able to grab the Bleeding Edge armor? I think that's possible one of my favorite Iron man figures ever made by either Hasbro or Toybiz.

11. BillJ

Just dropped fifty bucks on the HD Enterprise from Diamond Select through Amazon. Won't be here until April 2nd though. :(

12. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have that Scotty. My nephew gave it to for Christmas one year.

13. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ A have a number of the Playmates figures but I never grabbed any of those. And five bucks is a steal these days. The last time I checked McCoy was going for more than twenty.

Has anyone else picked up the DS Bird of Prey? What do you think? I have had her for almost a week and I can't stop taking her down from the shelf to look at her. The sculpt and paint is awesome. DS really did an outstanding job with this one.

14. cooleddie74

A friend owns a local toy shop with a buttload of cheap, slightly older action figures from lines I collect or enjoy. I know the feeling. :)

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Woohoo! Hot Toys Black Widow is on her way! :D

I promise I won't do any giant sized Clint and Natasha adventures. I don't want to step on KM's turf.

Geez, Thor was a couple weeks ago, now Widow, and Loki is due in a couple weeks. My poor wallet. :ouch:

16. cooleddie74

I can't wait for the pics of this one. Black Widow in any scale is fun and worth a look, but anything of this size and level of accuracy better come with an uploaded 10-minute review! :p

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Giant sized Pym particle adventures of 'Tasha and Clint to be a companion piece to their microverse adventures ;)

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

haven't got Bleeding Edge armor yet. i'm not sure if i will. i've almost bought it a few times but i can never pull the trigger. i have seen several people say its their favorite Iron Man figure. is it really that nice out of the package?

19. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally received Thor today and Hawkeye is making its way to me now. So I will have 4 of the 6 Avengers. I can do without BW and Hulk. I would only consider getting BW if I was also able to get Nick Fury first. With Fury, BW, Hawkeye and eventually Coulson, you could have an awesome S.H.I.E.L.D. team.

I also picked up a DX Dark Knight Rises Batman...yay for wait lists.

20. BillJ

Does anyone else have the Diamond Select TOS Enterprise? I was wondering what folks around here thought of it?